26th January 2013, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for civil services?

how i got easily preparetion for civil services....could u please tell me how to do it

18th March 2013, 07:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for civil services?

There is no easy way to prepare for civil services. In order to clear mains test, you need to prepare for topics like aptitude, Indian constitution, world/Indian geography, and Indian polity. You need to prepare for an optional paper to clear mains exam. Working out previous year questions will be very useful for clearing the test. Reference books collected from book stores can be used for study.
19th March 2013, 01:06 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Red face Re: How should I prepare for civil services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how i got easily preparetion for civil services....could u please tell me how to do it
Hello dear,

Preparing for IAS exam needs constant effort, it cannot be just prepared in one month or 6 months, You should keep in mind that "Journey of thousand Miles start with a single step".

Here let me tell you some the ways how to prepare for this IAS exam.:-

>>First of all try to get a good idea about IAS exam, its pattern, interview, then syllabus, and all the materials that you need, just start collecting, if you are going for a battle, then you must start collecting you Armour, like that.

>>Then, have a comprehensive knowledge, here you don't have to master in one subject, you have to be good in all the subjects and have a good grasp over it and in depth knowledge is required for every topic.

>>Start reading NCERT books for class 6 to 12, on geography, science,history, indian polity and economics.

>>Read max. 1 hr for newspaper like the Hindu, Indian Express etc.

>>Read magazines like Frontline, Yojana, Pratiyogita Darpan, CSR Refresher etc.

Select your general studies carefully, you may be selecting Indian National Movement, Indian Polity, Basic Economic Understanding, Geography while the dynamic part includes current affairs, GK and has no proper definition and syllabus making quite vast.

Some of the books which are useful for you:-

UPSC portal solved papers.

2.Arihant general studies 15 year solved papers.

3.18 years IAS prelims solved papers by UPSC portal.

Good luck!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?