10th July 2011, 08:40 PM
Manpreet Sodhi

What main subject should I opt for Civil Services exam? Is there any coaching center in Ludhiana for the same? How may I get whole details about Civil Services exam?

Hello Sir,

My name is Manpreet Kaur, student of electronics and communication engineering 2nd year.My aim is to become an I.P.S. officer. can u suggest me the main subject that I can opt for this exam and how I can prepare for this entrance. Is there any coaching centre for this in ludhiana. plz sir give me all details about I.P.S. entrance exam as soon as possible. My id is [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  2. What is preliminary and mains in Civil Services Exam? Number of subject one has to opt in Civil Services exam?
  3. Which subjects are better for Civil Services exam? Best coaching center for this exam?
  4. What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Civil Services Main, Mechanical Engineering (Paper II) Exam – Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services? -- [New]
  9. What can I do to do IAS after completing BSc, MSc
  10. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Which group should I take in intermediate to study in IAS?
  12. What is the age limit to become a custom officer?
  13. Requirements to become a Custom Officer? I am a B.Com graduate and aged 24 years
  14. Which would be the best subject for me for Civil Services Main Exam other than Commerce being a candidate of pursuing CA course?
  15. Is is a good option to take Civil engineering as optional subject in Civil services exam? Is it easy to score at?
  16. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of 11th commerce
  17. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  18. Civil Services Examination Chemistry (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
28th August 2015, 04:42 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What main subject should I opt for Civil Services exam? Is there any coaching center in Ludhiana for the same? How may I get whole details about Civil Services exam?

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

As far as the choice of main subject is concerned, there is a variety of subjects available for the choice. The candidate should choose the subject in which he/she is most interested and also in which he/she thinks that they can excel leaving all others behind.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?