16th October 2010, 01:23 PM
shaluchaudhary

I am an Operation Engineer in IT, I am having problems understanding American Accent and Linux?

I am an operation engineer in IT basically my profile is to support a US company.But i dnt know anythinga bt this field I have to do work in Linux and have some problem in understanding american accent. how i improve my accent?

18th October 2010, 01:51 AM
neeraj_m
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am an Operation Engineer in IT, I am having problems understanding American Accent and Linux?

Hi Shalu

I can understand your concern and most of us here face the same problem.....But there is no need to worry, as you can master your accent in just 2 weeks or may be less, if you are a fast learner....

There are three things that goes in making an accent sound very close to any language...1) Intonation, 2) Liaisons and 3) Pronunciation. Intonation is the rhythm, Liaisons the linkage and Pronunciation is the Sound! Now, you'd need to work on each of them together....And With due practice You'd achieve your target....

You'd find galore of online materials and tutorials over the World Wide Web on this subject! They are very handy as they can provide you with daily practice hours in a stream-lined manner.

You should also watch US English movies and see how they pronounce a particular word, listen to English Songs, whenever you get time and trust you will feel the difference soon.

Regards

Neeraj
18th October 2010, 06:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am an Operation Engineer in IT, I am having problems understanding American Accent and Linux?

As an operation engineer in IT, understanding both the areas is very important for your improvement in career. There are many centres offering training which will help you to understand American accent. They provide training in both listening and speaking and many have found these courses effective. Also if you find hard to work in Linux OS please ask for training from the authorities or self train.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?