2nd February 2013, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Information about income tax officer?

hello sir plaese tell me something about income tax officer.bcos this is my dream.

18th April 2013, 10:02 PM
vaddegowtham

Default Re: Information about income tax officer?

HAI frnd
INFORMATION FOR INCOME TAX OFFICER
Income Tax Officer as the name itself indicates is an officer who deals with the income tax related matters of the Central Board of Direct Taxes acronym as CBDT, a department of central government in India. ITO as the Income Tax Officer is commonly known, is one of the feared name in India as there are so many defaulter of income tax in our country. It is the responsibility of the ITO’s to hunt for those defaulters and bring them to the notice of the department so that they can be compelled to pay their tax according to their real income.
As income tax is one of the important source of income that the government has to spend on the developmental works, therefore it become important that the tax could be collected properly so that the developmental works of the government could be continued. But to do this work is not a easy task as some time ITO's have to deal with high profile people like politician, public figure, etc. There fore this job is considered as a tough job which makes it a high profile career.

But to discharge his duties one has to be very brave, hardworking, honest as well as tactful as he has to deal with so many high profile people that may use their influence in high echelons to save themselves and in turn prove the officer wrong or impartial. This is a job for persons with fire in them but that should be controlled by them selves and should be used as and when required during their raids and investigation judicially.
To become an Income Tax Officer in India the aspiring candidates have to undergo a selection process of written and oral exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission so that only the competent among the aspirants could be selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?