26th April 2020, 03:48 AM
Santosh Kumar das 1988

Are Intermediate Compartment candidates allowed to apply for UPSC exam?

Sir, I had passed class 12th board exam with compartment but now I had graduated with B.Sc Physics hons. So, can I be eligible for preparation UPSC exam in the CSE branch?

29th April 2020, 05:29 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Intermediate Compartment candidates allowed to apply for UPSC exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the CSE conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

Examination is conducted in three stages for final recruitment.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination even having passed 12th through compartmental examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th April 2020, 11:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Intermediate Compartment candidates allowed to apply for UPSC exam?

If you had passed your senior secondary board examination with compartment then clear the compartment in respective subject then there is no issue for Union Public Service Commission exam. The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You can apply for UPSC CSE exam after pursuing Bachelor's degree in Physics. The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit is 32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

The three different stages of exam is Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Personal interview.
29th April 2020, 05:08 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for this examination is Candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. Candidate age must lie between 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidates.

So, yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC CSE branch.

For more information, you can visit their official website http://www.upsc.gov.in/
29th April 2020, 10:56 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Yes, you can definitely apply for UPSC examination even having passed your Class 12th with Compartment examination provided you satisfy all the eligibility criteria for the concerned examination as backlogs and improvement in academic degree course does not affect the eligibility of a candidate for the same examination once a candidate has cleared his/her backlogs.
21st June 2022, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

I completed my degree 4years iam eligible to write upsc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?