3rd February 2011, 08:59 PM
rahulindoria

ISRO after B.Tech a good career option?

hello

As ISRO is a research organization and they are taking B.tech candidates also.how a b.tech student can do a good research when he has limited knowledge about his basic courses.is ISRO good for B.tech candidates?If YES then why and how?

will it give a very good career?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get into ISRO? Which are the exams conducted by ISRO?
  2. Career options after Btech computer science if a student is not good in programming? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How should I get into ISRO pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE and having good academic result in 10th and 12th class? When will be the Exam conducted for this? Whey ISRO will take B.Tech students?
  4. Is b.tech course conducted by isro?
  5. What is the best career option for a btech ece student?
  6. Career in ISRO after completing M.Sc. in Geo-Informatics?
  7. How can I resume my career if I did B.Tech(CSIT) 5 years back? What is the right career option for me? Should I change my field from software to another?
  8. Does it a good choice of opting for Hotel Management and Catering Technology as a Career Option? What course I have to pursue these careers?
  9. What are the best career option after completion of 12th with commerce course?
  10. Can I get a job after passing ISRO? What are the qualifications needed?
  11. is it better to do a bba or go for a btech degree and then do mba course which is preferable?
  12. Can I apply for ISRO Entrance Exam after the completion of B.Tech in IT? What is the criteria for ISRO Entrance Exam?
  13. Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?
  14. Which government companies are offering jobs to instrumentation and control engineering course
  15. Can I do B.Tech after passing 12th with 50%?
  16. Which line is better after completion of madhyamik?
  17. What should I do after 12th if I am interested in computers? What else can I do except engineering?
  18. Which are better courses or best option after M.Sc in Maths to be a part of ISRO? -- [New]
4th February 2011, 06:03 PM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: ISRO after B.Tech a good career option?

Hey...
U say ur intrested in research if u r intrested than its a good option
bcoz the major thing is passion on work and money bi=oth r good in this field , u have passion about ur research and money is high in this field ..
and your second term about only basic knowledge
so to enter any organization basic knowledge is sufficient.......
4th February 2011, 06:05 PM
Ankur agrawal

other thing is that if ur intrested then u fill the isro examination form to enter in isro ...
as per my knowledge it is min 2 years course to under project work and training ........
4th February 2011, 11:00 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

You can't tell B.Tech. a basic course completely.
It is such a course that include all fundamental things and their application of a
particular field. A B.Tech. is like 'Jack of All Trades, Master of None'. So if someone
thinks to be a master in a section of any branch of engineering he/she moves to
M.Tech. for higher studies.
So, the talent to do research works starts developing during B.Tech. itself which
further grows up with working experience or higher studies.
An M.Tech. program doesn't include much of lectures. More than 60% of the study
time is spent in research and project work.
An M.Tech. student is just guided at some points and he/she does rest of the research
activities on his/her own. The same way when (after completing B.Tech.) someone get
to work in Research and Development section of an organization he/she is guided initially
and as time passes he/she fits to the environment and start working like a normal
researcher.
Even, during B.Tech. students are encouraged for R&D activities by assigning them
practical works and project works which is the ABC of research work.
Here people start learning about these research activities.

As far as ISRO (or any other research organization) is concerned, the fresher or
graduate entrants are subject to trainee for around one year so that they learn all
the required thing about the research activities.

So, I would suggest you not to worry about how you will work in an R&D center of ISRO.
Once you get into ISRO as a fresher the ISRO people will train you for the work you
have to do for the growth of its research activities.
A job in a space R&D center is always a matter of pride and a very good career path.
So, you should also not worry about your future.
Once you are in ISRO, you are in one of the best.

Thank You
5th February 2011, 08:04 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: ISRO after B.Tech a good career option?

There is no form for applying ISRO you need to go to isro website and fill your form but before that you need to make a D.D

of 100/- and then you need to apply to website..then you need to note down your application form no and take print of the

generated form and sent to the ISRO address.

Education qualification for ISRO is

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all

semesters for which results are available).

SCIENTIST/ENGINEER

Candidates who are in final year can also apply for the same.

With age limit of 35 years.
24th May 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech mechanical graduate with 54.8% aggregate.how can i join isro or other space organizations?
my [email protected]
1st June 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

From where would i get coaching for isro entrance exam in kolkata? pl help..
31st July 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i m a B.E telecommunication student. I wish to join ISRO for research and development.How do i go about it?
31st July 2011, 11:06 PM
kunjeyan5282

There is no form for applying ISRO you need to go to isro website and fill your form but before that you need to make a D.D

of 100/- and then you need to apply to website..then you need to note down your application form no and take print of the

generated form and sent to the ISRO address.

Education qualification for ISRO is

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all

semesters for which results are available).

SCIENTIST/ENGINEER

Candidates who are in final year can also apply for the same.

With age limit of 35 years.
2nd August 2011, 12:10 AM
suchiii

Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is a Research and Development organisation engaged in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them.
It is a very good option after Btech, u can definately go for it without any doubt.
24th August 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

i m doing B.Tech in electrical engineering. What is the eligibility criteria and procedure for get placed in ISRO?? What should i study for that??
14th October 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

I am B.Tech Mech 3 year. I want to join in ISRO. So please guide me (in preparation procedure). so after completing my degree, i can sir.
19th October 2011, 02:45 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi friend,
As you are interested in space, this indicates that your physics should be very good and also maths.
Either you have to change your goal or do hard work from now in learning Physics.
*First of all , you go for PCM group in intermediate.
*pass the 12th exam with a minimum of 60%.
*Go for ISAT exam and try to take admission into IISc.(INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)
*They will also provide you integrated M TECH course of 5years.
*Take admission into Aerospace engineering or physical science.(B TECH)

They will have direct placements into ISRO or DRDO etc, where you can peruse even P.hd program.
And do your research work in space oriented programmes.

http://www.iist.ac.in/admission/under-graduate

Good luck...!!
8th April 2012, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Can i join isro, after b.tech ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?