10th June 2018, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

JEE Main or JEE Advanced which one to write for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering?

To apply for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineer, which entrance exam should I choose, JEE Main or JEE Advanced? What is the basic difference between the two? Does colleges accepts both for Aeronautical Engineering?

12th June 2018, 02:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE Main or JEE Advanced which one to write for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering?

JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) is conducted by CBSE and IIT.

It is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. Only candidates who have passed Main examination are eligible to appear for Advanced stage.

So, to get admission in IITs you have to appear and qualify in both stages.

Admission in NITs and other government colleges are conducted on the basis of rank in JEE Main.
12th June 2018, 04:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE Main or JEE Advanced which one to write for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering?

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by CBSE every year and it has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

JEE Main is first stage of this exam and its rank is used for admission in NITs, Central government engineering colleges.

JEE Advanced rank is used for admission in IITs.

You can get admission in Bachelor of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering based on either of exam rank.
12th June 2018, 11:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Only after appearing and qualifying in JEE Main examination candidate will become eligible for second stage ( JEE Advanced ).

Candidates passed JEE Advanced are eligible for admission in IITs.

On the basis of JEE Main admission is offered in government and private colleges.

In most of the institutes JEE Main score is valid.
13th June 2018, 12:45 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Actually, to appear for JEE Advanced Exam, you need to qualify JEE Main Exam first. So, firstly you will have to appear for JEE Main exam first and qualify it to appear for JEE Advanced Exam.

Secondly, you can get Aeronautical Engineering from both of the exams. Even, if you qualify JEE Main exam, then also you can get Aeronautical Engineering in most of the colleges. There many private institutes which admit JEE Main candidates on the basis of their scores.

Through JEE Main, you can get admission to NITs, IIITs, CFIs, etc. While through JEE Advanced exam, you can get admission in IITs, ISM Dhanbad, IT BHU, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?