3rd March 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc in computer science after BCA?

now i m doing bca. i want to do msc in computer science. so what i have to do? i cannt understand

3rd March 2011, 10:49 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: M.Sc in computer science after BCA?

You can surely do MSc in Computer Science course. The minimum educational qualification required for doining the course is B.Sc in Computer Science or its equivalent like BIT/ BCA having a strong Mathematics background.

For doing M.Sc in computer science course you should apply to the colleges which offer these courses & then follow their admission process. ome of the colleges offering this course is as follows:

St. Xavier's College
30 Park Street
(30 Mother Teresa Sarani)
Kolkata - 700016
Ph (91-33) 2255-1101

National College of Engineering (NCE)
Maruthakulam, Thirunelveli 627 151
Ph:- 04635 - 256343, 256344

Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil University's
Sector 15, Plot no 50 , CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai 400 614
Maharashtra
Tel- 91 22 39285999
29th June 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

now i m doing bca. i want to do mscIT. so what i have to do? i cannt understand because it is my better.
email:[email protected]
15th December 2011, 02:14 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

BCA is the Bachelors in Computer Administration course that you have done. Mathematics is the subject needed to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the BCA.

Similarly after BCA, You have 3 options :

MCA
M.Sc in Computer Science
MBA

Now, MCA is the Masters in Computer Administration course, and it is the next level of the BCA course. Most people opt for this course next to doing BCA.

M.Sc in CS is also a similar course, and not much of a difference except for the fact that it is done after B.Sc in CS.

And we all know MBA, its the Masters in Business Administration course just to give a head start to your corporate career.

So now you may choose whichever course, you are willing to do. I would suggest go for your parent program MCA.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
21st December 2011, 04:02 PM
aabid qureshi

i passed bca but i have no any mathamatics subject in 12 level and bca then can i do msc(cs) ?
19th March 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

After completion bca now im studying Msc computer science through distance education. am i eligible for m-tech in cs?
29th April 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i have done my bca last year now i m working teaching field, can i do msc after bca is there any value please tell me sir...........
3rd May 2012, 05:25 PM
monisha_sarabhai

If you have completed BCA then MCA is the best option for you.Mca is one of the best master degree and you can get more knowledge about computer language.There are many programming languages are introduced in Mca course.So you can choose this option.Its the best option for you.
Mba is also a very good option but you have computer field background then you should choose mca course.
If you have interest in business and managment then you can choose this option.
So its totally depend on you.You should choose any one of them which you have more interest.

All the best.
3rd May 2012, 08:30 PM
BIKARANT RAI

hi,
M.Sc in computer science after BCA?

Hi

BCA is the Bachelors in Computer Administration course that you have done. Mathematics is the subject needed to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the BCA.

Similarly after BCA, You have 3 options :

MCA
M.Sc in Computer Science
MBA

Now, MCA is the Masters in Computer Administration course, and it is the next level of the BCA course. Most people opt for this course next to doing BCA.

M.Sc in CS is also a similar course, and not much of a difference except for the fact that it is done after B.Sc in CS.

And we all know MBA, its the Masters in Business Administration course just to give a head start to your corporate career.

So now you may choose whichever course, you are willing to do. I would suggest go for your parent program MCA.

All the best

bikarant rai
3rd May 2012, 10:16 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

you are doing BCA. you have many options after BCA.
1. MCA
2. Msc(IT)
3. MBA
4. Certification course like .NET, JAVA,ORACLE etc.
you have also a good option if in future you want to become a teacher
if you will M.sc(it) after bca then you will do MCA in one year. you get the 2 degree one is M.sc(it) and second is MCA.
M.sc(it) is good after BCA. but MCA is quite better then M.sc(it).
19th August 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed in bca ,i am interested msc comuter science so can tell me
7th February 2013, 08:41 PM
ranadrishti

Default Re: after passed 12th com & bca

Hey,, i want to some suggestion.
i passed 12th commerce & bca. So shall i do computer science !??
Reply meee...
19th May 2013, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

i pass 12th in commerce and complete graduation in bca so can i do msc comouter science?
4th June 2013, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

iam doing my bca after this i want to do mba is any chances there i want to know about this more
26th January 2014, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i passed bca but i have no any mathamatics subject in 12 level and bca then can i do msc(cs) ?
27th January 2014, 09:17 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

M.Sc stands for Master of Science. This is a 2 year Post Graduate program being offered by many of the colleges in India.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join this course is by completion of Graduation in technical streams.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam to give admission for this course for the candidates.

As you are pursuing BCA course, you are eligible to apply for the Entrance Exam after you have done with your course.

My suggestion would be to go for MCA course soon after the completion of BCA so that there will be good career scope and job opportunities in various top IT companies like
TCS
Infosys
Delloite
Oracle
Tech Mahendra
Google etc.

But if you have profound interest to join M.Sc, you can opt for the same.

The reason why I am suggesting MCA course, many of the companies when they go for recruitment, they will put the eligibility criteria as B.Tech or MCA.
Only in some conditions and only few companies are going to recruit the M.Sc candidates.

Think about it and make wise decision.

Wish you all the best.
4th June 2014, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

I complited 12th computer science now tell what can i do after 12th computer science
4th July 2014, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

after complete the BCA i have to admi, to the Msc Computer science & please suggest the college available in the maharashtra state.
7th September 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

My BCA course has been over and i have secured 65% of marks and I am confused of whether to take MSC in CS or MSC in IT in correspondence can u plz tell me about which course is better ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?