30th November 2016, 05:22 PM
Nilabh tanti

Marks required in 10th and 12th (Science) to get admission in Mechanical Engineering at IIT Guwahati?

Sir, I am Nilabh from Assam and I am a studying in 8th standard. My question is that how much marks should I do in 10th and 12th in Science stream to get admission in Mechanical Engineering at IIT Guwahati?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum marks required in class 10th to get admission in IIT for Engineering?
  2. Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical engineering
  3. Can I get admission in IIT Guwahati for M.Tech after scoring AIR of 3945, 507 score and 45.33 marks?
  4. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give?
  5. Percentage required in 10th for admission to an IIT? Is it necessary to take Computer Science in 10th for admission to IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Marks required in 10th and 12th for Aeronautical Engineering? Should I write EAMCET or IIT exam?
  7. Minimum marks required in 10th CBSE to get admission in Cotton College, Guwahati?
  8. Which branch should I prefer in IIT Guwahati?
  9. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  10. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  11. Cut off marks required in 10th to get admission in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at AMU?
  12. Can I get admission in M.Tech course with engineering mechanics or design engineering in IIT, Delhi or IIT, Guwahati or IIT, Roorkee? I have secured 99.13 percentile(AIR 709) in GATE(In mechanical stream) and I belong to OBC categories
  13. JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?
  14. What should I do after 10th to become a Mechanical Engineer?
  15. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  16. How to join engineering college after scoring 50% marks in 10+2?
  17. Best option after completing 10th? Which is preferable diploma in engineering(mechanical) or 12th science? I've passed 10th with 81% marks
  18. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
14th December 2016, 06:37 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Marks required in 10th and 12th (Science) to get admission in Mechanical Engineering at IIT Guwahati?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and IITs are known to be the best technical colleges of India for various undergraduate and postgraduate technical courses.

As far as you are concerned about getting admission in IIT Guwahati, then for your information it is admission in IIT is based on the performances of JEE which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced and hence there is no role of marks in Class 10th or Class 12th apart from one's eligibility for JEE.

For admission in IIT, one needs to have secured at least 75% aggregate in their board examination or have managed to secure that much marks in their Class 12th board examination which keeps them among the top 20 percentile candidate of their board examination.

For more details related to JEE eligibility you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?