17th July 2023, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

May i join Merchant Navy after MCA?

I have done MCA in 2019, now i am doing job as a web developer, i want to change my job, So please tell me. Now, may i join merchant navy.

17th July 2023, 09:28 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: May i join Merchant Navy after MCA?

In order to join merchant navy , the candidate must have passed class 12 board exam with atleast 60% or equivalent CGPA and a requisite subject mix of physics, chemistry and maths.
But now it's too late to join merchant navy , the openings are ideally after +2 as the institutions impart their own training not only the technical but also physical training.
18th July 2023, 05:27 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

Please read the following conditions

Eligibility-----

Age Limit: 17 years to 25 years
Candidate must have got 65% in class 12th exam
Candidate must be unmarried
Physical fitness is needed for every candidate
Color blindness is not tolerated at any stage.
English is required or said to be compulsory language.

Process to Join Merchant Navy
Enterance exam like JEE, IMU CET need to be cleared.
A candidate also need to clear interview stage and medical examination process.
Applicant must then enrol in BSc nautical science at any of nautical science school.
Student then need to complete 18 months cadet onboard training.
You can join as a third officer after which promotion is granted as per exam.
18th July 2023, 05:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join the merchant navy after completing an MCA degree.

If you want to work in the deck department, you will need to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nautical Science (BSc. Nautical Science) degree. This degree will teach you the skills and knowledge you need to navigate and operate a ship.

If you want to work in the engine department, you will need to complete a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Marine Engineering. This degree will teach you the skills and knowledge you need to maintain and repair a ship's engines.

Once you have completed the required training, you will need to pass the Merchant Navy Officer (MNO) Examination. This examination is conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) and is the final step in becoming an officer in the merchant navy.
19th July 2023, 01:55 PM
Neerarawat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera tabrez View Post
In order to join merchant navy , the candidate must have passed class 12 board exam with atleast 60% or equivalent CGPA and a requisite subject mix of physics, chemistry and maths.
But now it's too late to join merchant navy , the openings are ideally after +2 as the institutions impart their own training not only the technical but also physical training.
Yes, you can join the Merchant Navy after completing MCA. While the Merchant Navy traditionally recruits candidates from nautical science and marine engineering backgrounds, there are also opportunities for individuals with degrees in computer science and other related fields.

Roles in the Merchant Navy for candidates with a background in computer applications may include positions related to information technology, cybersecurity, communications, and data management on board ships and in shipping companies.

If you are interested in joining the Merchant Navy, it's advisable to research specific job opportunities and requirements in the shipping industry and reach out to relevant companies or maritime recruitment agencies to explore available positions. Additionally, some specialized training or certifications related to the maritime industry may be beneficial to enhance your chances of securing a position in the Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?