29th December 2016, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required for GATE exam?

I am B.Tech student, semester 7th. I want to write GATE exam but I don't know minimum percentage of marks to be eligible for GATE exam and I want to say that the GATE exam have any relation with matric and HSC percentage?

29th December 2016, 06:10 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required for GATE exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the entrance examination is conducted for admission in M.Tech courses and for recruitment in PSU's.

Candidates passed b.tech are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in M.Tech course.

But for recruitment in PSU's or to get admission in IIT's or NIT's there is minimum requirement of 60% in B.Tech degree.

There is nothing to do with aggregate in HSC or matric to appear for GATE.
29th December 2016, 10:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum percentage required to appear in GATE examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) are eligible to appear in GATE examination. Final year pursuing candidates are also eligible to appear in GATE examination. Since, you are pursuing final year of your B.Tech course, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination.
29th December 2016, 11:03 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

The word GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in engineering or technology are eligible for this examination. Your age should be above 18 years and there is no age limit to appear for this. There is no such percentage required to appear for this examination, so nothing to get worried regarding the percentage. And it has no relation with 10th and 12th percentage.
30th December 2016, 12:23 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is no certain minimum percentage required in order to appear in GATE Examination. The only thing you must meet in order to be eligible is "You must have successfully passed the concerned recruitment examination". Here is the basic eligibility criteria required to appear in GATE Examination.

>> You must have completed B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc or Diploma in Engineering or Technology in order to be eligible.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year of Graduation or those who have already completed are also eligible to apply for this GATE Examination.

>> As there is no such minimum percentage required, I am sure you are certainly eligible to apply for GATE Entrance Examination.
30th December 2016, 12:59 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

*The criteria to apply for this entrance exam for admission in Master of technology is that candidate should have done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or master's degree in science or computer application.

*There is no relation of marks or percentage of 10th and 12th with GATE exam. In bachelor's degree also, candidates with minimum of 35% marks which is passing percentage can apply for GATE exam.
30th December 2016, 09:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am B.Tech student, semester 7th. I want to write GATE exam but I don't know minimum percentage of marks to be eligible for GATE exam and I want to say that the GATE exam have any relation with matric and HSC percentage?
GATE exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 10th, 12th and B.Tech course.

Those who have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are eligible for GATE exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?