30th April 2018, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in GUJCET/NEET/JEE Main for studying BSc(Agriculture) course?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am interested to study BSc in Agriculture course. So, I just want to know that for studying this BSc course, I need to appear in GUJCET, NEET or JEE Main? Kindly tell me about this immediately.

23rd May 2018, 09:24 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in GUJCET/NEET/JEE Main for studying BSc(Agriculture) course?

Yes, entrance exams are necessary for getting admission into B.Sc Agriculture.

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) in Agriculture is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 4 years.

The basic eligibility required is a 10+2 in science stream from any recognised board.

The admissions are given based on the entrance exams like EAMCET, ICAR AIEEA, PAU entrance exam, KEAM, IGKV CET and etc., exams conducted different states & universities.
You need to attend & qualify in the entrance exam performance for getting admissions into any university.
25th May 2018, 02:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in GUJCET/NEET/JEE Main for studying BSc(Agriculture) course?

Since, you are interested in pursuing undergraduate degree course in Agriculture ( i.e; B.Sc. in Agriculture ) then I would like to let you know that you need to appear in State CETs or AIEEA UG held by ICAR not in NEET or JEE.

Further, for pursuing undergraduate degree course in agriculture by qualifying above mentioned examination, you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream in PCB/PCM group with at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of some State CETs ) from a recognized board.

For more details regarding AIEEA UG you can refer to the link www.icar.org.in where as for details regarding state CETs you can refer to their respective official link.
28th May 2018, 11:10 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not mandatory to appear in the above mentioned entrance examination to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture course.

ICAR conducts AIEEA for admission in central government institutes. Private universities also conducts entrance examination for admission in the course in the respective institute.

So, you can appear for entrance as per the institute in which you want to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?