13th May 2011, 02:11 PM
S Kiran

Is the new pattern of UPSC bad for Arts student?

This new pattern UPSC is very bad for arts student . Only benifit for science student . Present time lot of jobs available for science student now .My question is This is fair for arts student ?

25th June 2011, 01:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the new pattern of UPSC bad for Arts student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Kiran View Post
This new pattern UPSC is very bad for arts student . Only benifit for science student . Present time lot of jobs available for science student now .My question is This is fair for arts student ?
The UPSC was already Changed the Examination Pattern of Civil Services Preliminary Examination. So In this examination You have to face the Two papers and both papers will be objective type paper and both these paper will be same marks

So, all candidates from all educational background will eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services Examination. But Its Not True that The new pattern was good for science background Students, But it was already good for Arts And Commerce Students, The Paper will be of Objective type and if you are interested to appear for this examination, then you have study regularly and work hard. The New examination pattern are helpful for Science students, But If you have study Regularly and solve the book daily, then you will be able to crack the UPSC Civil services examination. So, Please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus, And for more information check the UPSC official website.

UPSC Civil Services examination Pattern -

Paper I - 200 marks / Duration - 2 hours -

- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change -that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.

Paper II- (200 marks) Duration - 2 Hours -

- Comprehension
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
25th June 2011, 01:18 PM
raja badam

It is not a bad for Arts students.Because it is equal for all students.paper pattern of preliminary is an aptitude.it is only check your ability skills.if you are think well and to solve problems you are good.there is no difference between arts,Science and commerce.it is only psychological feeling only.
25th June 2011, 06:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

The new pattern of civil service exam will give equal opportunity to candidates belonging to different stream. As per the syllabus of Civil Service Aptitude Test-CSAT that the first paper is based on general studies. The questions will be dealing with history and socio-political condition of India, current affairs, physical, social and economic geography of India and world, general science etc.
The second paper will be dealing with questions based on English language comprehension skill, numeracy and data interpretation, interpersonal skills, problem solving and decision making, general mental ability, logical reasoning and analytical ability.

So, we can see that the questions of both the papers includes almost every section- from arts to science. The typical mathematical questions will be of class 10th standard and the knowledge of which is expected from candidates appearing for civil service exam. The standard of scientific questions will be of similar standard.
25th June 2011, 07:28 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well It is Not true.

In upsc cse exam you choose your own optionals

hence on that front it depends on yourself where you are strong.

arts students choose arts subjects and science students go for science subjects

FOR the Prelims

Most weightage is on GS and related fields like history geography etc.

While CSAT aptitude section based on mathematics can be a little challenges

for arts people. But clear IAS you have to overcome obstacles.

best of luck
11th October 2014, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying in class 11 arts stream in I s c board.my subject are English,economics,history,psychology,hindi,physica l education .sir my aim is to become an I a s officer sir plzz tell me which subject I opt in graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?