28th April 2011, 02:03 PM
rameshg.4710

Which one should I go for, Government Job or Private Job?

Hi, i am ramesh i completed my DME (mech) and while working i completed my BE in mech engg in part , I have 4.6 years indusrtrial experiance and degree in engg , but now I got job in centrel govt as Tech ASST on basis of diploma .Now got a call form MNC company and interview also over .
So which one i need to select , whether Govt or private.
Please suggest me

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  2. Which is better among Private job and Government job for ECE students?
  3. Guidance for job in government or private hospitals after completing MHA?
  4. How to get a lecturer job in private and government colleges?
  5. Best option between government job and private job?
  6. Is Manav bharti university is valid for getting a government job as well as private job for world wide?
  7. Is EIILM university valid for government job and private sector job
  8. How to get a job in tamilnadu government sector after completing nursing course in private hospital? Can I get a job in state government? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I go with the government job or change to private sector job?
  10. How to get a government job while doing private practice in Dentistry?
  11. How can I prepare for a government job while having a private job?
  12. Is it possible for me to get private or government job at the age of 42 years?
  13. Options to join a PSU in Biotechnology department for PhD Biochemistry holder? -- [New]
  14. What is the different of salary we will get in private jobs and government jobs? What is the scope for both sectors?
  15. How to get a Government job in fashion design?
  16. Am I eligible to get a job with salary 15k-30k a month after completion of B.Sc Agriculture? Which private companies I can apply for the job?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for private or government job when I have backlogs?
  18. What are the various government jobs which are based on Biology? Which government job to apply after completion of B.Sc Microbiology course?
26th June 2011, 07:03 PM
spratik08

Default Re: Which one should I go for, Government Job or Private Job?

hi Ramesh sir,
you have done realy a very well job of completing your BE after DME.now you have 2 jobs in your hand.
the govt. job is on the basis of your diploma & pvt. job is on your industrial experience & your BE.
obviously, in present, you will have more sallary in this pvt. job. compare to that of govt. job.
but think hatake beyond your present.
what will be the condition of compony in future? what is the benefit there? only higher salary? then what are the conditions at the time of recession? how does the recession afeects on your this job in private sector?
now think about govt. sector; what its condition in future? though you are temperry now & though have less sallary currently, wait for period of few months, years, you will defenetly be parmanent there.also you will get a promotion in very short period on basis of your industrial experience & knowledge.
also think about your life after retirement, you have definite pension in your hand.you need not to invest your money in pension plans of insurance companies right now.
the other additional benefit is that , your childre have the benfit of parent in govt.service in their higher education.
now, it is your time of thinking sir, what is good & what is better?
thank you & best of luck!
27th June 2011, 11:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

This is one of the most debated questions now a day. MNC’s will do everything in the book to attract candidates to their firm. They also will give you a handsome package. But one thing that will come with a Private Job is work pressure. You will have to work really hard and with all your skills to satisfy them. Promotions also will be performance based rather than experience based. Government jobs gives you job security and also the pressure of work will be very low compared to the private firm. So, since you are already in the government sector, we would suggest you to stick on to it.
15th December 2011, 12:44 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Its very nice time for you that you have both jobs opportunities in your hand. I would like to discuss a few points that would help you decide what should you choose.

1. A government job is permanent. Nobody ever can take that away from you. Once in, you would eat free for the rest of your life. So in a way govt job provides more security.

Whereas, in a private job there is no security. Today you work, they pay you, but tomorrow they would not even hesitate to fire you.

2. Another thing, government job is easy, 9-5 shift, not extra working. Work at your own pace, and earn.

Whereas, in private you would have to work day night, and the amount of labor involved would be much more as compared to the government.

3. But ultimately, govt pay would be very less, and you would take ages to get promoted.

Whereas private pays hell lot of money, gives you a great standard of living and promotion is also fast.

Now you can easily decide which one is better for you.

All the best
24th December 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

how can i gov n private job after msc cs......i hav diploma of .net....plzzzzz.tell me....
5th January 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

in how many years can i get to a salary off 40k in mnc's ? Plz reply i hav just started my carrier completed 1 year and presently getting 14k per month, i need more!! Your replys wil help me to plan accordingly. Thanks
5th January 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

in how many years can i reach my pay to 40k in mnc's? I just started my carrier wit mnc its been a year, and im currently getting 14k per month. . . . I just need to earn more!! Your replyes wil help me to focus accordingly. Thanks
26th September 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

If you are in software sector seeing your currently salary, you might need to complete another 3 more years to get 40K in Hand if you don't change your company.
Just do your best and create a healthy relationship with everyone. You need not step on others' shoulder to become successful.

Thanks!
26th September 2012, 07:52 PM
Imanuel@2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
in how many years can i reach my pay to 40k in mnc's? I just started my carrier wit mnc its been a year, and im currently getting 14k per month. . . . I just need to earn more!! Your replyes wil help me to focus accordingly. Thanks
Seeking your currently Salary, you need 2.5 to 3 yrs to have 40K take home.
26th December 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i m 34 yr old and done bsc in mathes in 1998. after dat i left study for some reason. now how can i improve my qualification
12th May 2013, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

I have PSU job offer in hand and have a option to go US....with H1B which shuld i choose i am s/w programmer with 5 year exprnce

Ram
16th August 2013, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Dear Friends,
I completed DME and B-Tech (Mech), Now i am working in MNC and I have 12 years of experience in Mechanical industries. Now I got job in state government as Junior Assistant post.
So which is better for me. pl suggest.
Thanking you,
Rajan.S
26th June 2018, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am p.ravikumar from Hyderabad I completed my diploma in mechanical engineering in 2016 3 years experience in production any jobs base on it please replay
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?