6th October 2010, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Which optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background?

what all subjects are prefered in ias for computer science and engineering students??Specially optional subject??

6th October 2010, 09:28 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background?

you can choose physics and maths , because both subject you would come across from the small std itself till the college life, from the basic you study the subject you can clear the exam, they are lot of question with answers is given in the net , you take that and prepare well, best of luck friends, success is yours. Take care friends
Attached Files
File Type: docx Civil Services Examination.docx(50.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: docx Civil Services.docx(104.4 KB, 187 views)
File Type: docx CALENDAR for EXAMINATIONS IAS.docx(38.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf i142856GATE-CivilEngineeringPreviousPaper-2005.pdf(276.7 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf i2040398GATE-CivilEngineeringPreviousPaper-2004.pdf(307.4 KB, 132 views)
6th October 2010, 09:31 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background?

other few question papers i will send you, check it out this, it will be help full to any one friends
6th October 2010, 10:48 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Which optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what all subjects are prefered in ias for computer science and engineering students??Specially optional subject??
dear friend,

i advice you as optional subject you can take public administration or subjects likre which you can get interest.

for details follow the detailed syllabus.

good luck.
31st December 2010, 03:56 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Its better if you choose either Physics, Public Administration or history.

As you are an engineer you would be having a little knowledge in Physics and Mathematics.

If you are not interested in maths and [physics then choose either Public Administration or History.
These are not technical subjects and it just wants your consciousness while studying.

All the Best!
14th January 2011, 06:45 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

you can choose physics and maths , because both subject you would come across from the small std itself till the college life, from the basic you study the subject you can clear the exam, they are lot of question with answers is given in the net ,
thanks
20th January 2011, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

i m a student now doing computer science hons. 1st year,can i take computer sc. as main paper for ias exam? if so wht optional should be best with this?
2nd February 2011, 08:21 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

optional subject to choose in IAS being from computer science and engineering background
advice you as optional subject you can take public administration or subjects likre which you can get interest.
for details follow the detailed syllabus.

good luck
7th March 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

i am vishakha from bhopal.....i m in 12 standard right now.....and em going to do BE wid computer science..will it be good for me in near future for cracking an IAS exam???
16th March 2011, 05:46 PM
shahul1423

you cannot take computer as your optional subject,because it is not available in upsc subjects.you can take general subjects like public administration,geography,sociology,psycology.read ncert books for your general studies preparation
17th March 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing b.tech computer science 4th sem.i want to prepare for ias exam and i need to know which subjects do i need to opt for??advice the best options.
22nd March 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

hello sir please tell me about optional subject for cs engg students
23rd April 2011, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

iam from engg background. i took one optional as public administration. tell me for another optional which is good from both i.e Geography or socialogy..plz say which is best. geography or sociology
25th April 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

hi i am gaurav jimmy & i am student of bsc.it which subject takes in ias? u can send more details on my mail id [email protected]
29th May 2011, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
plz plz telle m about this... that what a computer science b.tech holder can give IAS exam and wt r the optional subject......
give m a rply on [email protected]
13th June 2011, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

hi...sir .plz...tell me about optional subject for cs engg students.
give me a reply on [email protected]
28th June 2011, 10:39 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

The optional papers available for IAS i.e

UPSC CSE examiantion are

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History

Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics

Political Science and International
Relations

Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology

Statistics
Zoology

you can choose from above subjects

I have underlined the subjects which are ideal for an engineering graduate

and also some other popular subjects.

Choose according to your depth of knowledge and your interest

as things may suit you.
10th August 2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

i m doing b.tech frm mining engineering can i give ias exam
31st August 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

am doing ug course in information technology i want to become an ias officer but there is no computer as a optional subject what can i do for it?please help me!!!!!!!!!!
17th April 2012, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

i am computer science engg. student, i want to be an ias officer, which optional subject should i have to choose and how many subjects should i select? please sir help and suggest me to appear in the ias exam .....
24th October 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD I CHOOSE AS A BCA(BATCHULAR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE) STUDENT FOR UPSC EXAM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?