30th August 2010, 01:14 PM
Arunesh takkella palli

Which optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams?

i am the student from information technology... n iam doing my final year b.tech... will u pls tell me the optional subjects which is better to choose for the ias n ips prilims??

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering
  3. How many optionals to we have to choose for IAS exam as per the latest syllabus? Is the prelims common for everybody?
  4. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  5. Best books for IAS prelims exam? I have chosen 2 optional subjects, Mathematics and History
  6. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  7. Information about IAS and IPS exam? Which subjects can I choose if I am doing B.Tech CSE?
  8. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  9. Which optional should I choose for IAS exam? From where to get the study material for the exam?
  10. Which two optional subjects would be enough to crack IAS?
  11. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  12. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a Bio-Agri candidate?
  13. Which paper should I select in UPSC after graduating with commerce?
  14. How to prepare for IAS after B.Tech? Which optional subjects will suit me better? Best books for prelims and mains?
  15. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  16. Which subject should be chosen as optional one for IAS by a chemical engineering student?
  17. Which optional subjects should I choose to take IAS exam? -- [New]
  18. Which subjects should I choose for IAS prelims? I am a B.Tech 8th semester student in electronics and communication branch
30th August 2010, 04:18 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams?

dear friend,

as your branch is IT so there is no any subjects related to your branch.

but you can choose any two subjects among about 22 subjects provided by the UPSC.

you can choose any two interesting subjects among the 22 subjects.

all the best.
30th August 2010, 09:46 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams?

dear friends.

as there is no any subjects related to your field is in the list of the IAS examination.

so it is very important to choose a subjects.

according to me see all the subject that is inlisted for the IAS examination,

and then match your intrest with all the subjects.

the subjects in which you have very good commands choose your subjects.
31st August 2010, 01:27 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
There are only Mech/Civil/Electrical/ branches available to choose for Prelims.
There is no IT or CSE related optional subject.
You should better choose as per your interest and capability to study a particular subject.
The existing UPSC prelims subjects are

Agriculture Syllabus
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany Syllabus
Chemistry Syllabus
Civil Engineering Syllabus
Commerce Syllabus
Economics Syllabus
Electrical Engineering Syllabus
Geography Syllabus
Geology Syllabus
Indian History Syllabus
Law Syllabus
Mathematics Syllabus
Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
Medical Science Syllabus
Philosophy Syllabus
Physics Syllabus
Political Science Syllabus
Psychology Syllabus
Public Administration Syllabus
Sociology Syllabus
Statistics Syllabus
Zoology Syllabus

The examination pattern of prelims is about to change and there are chances that UPSC could take a common aptitude paper for Prelims.
The final decision is pending yet and so nothing can be said for sure. The pattern would be available in or before the month of November.
Keep visiting the official website for any change in the pattern
www.upsc.gov.in
Thank you
31st August 2010, 07:09 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

Following are the optional subjects of civil service examination.

Agriculture
Mathematics
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce
Political Science
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

You may select any subjects based on your expertise in a particular field and interest. Now, since there are no standard set for selection of subjects, you may select either the subject you studied in your academic programme or the one one you think you could do well. But one of the most preferred optional subject in the preliminary exam is Sociology. The subject is neither too technical nor the language is too difficult. Many candidates belonging to engineering and medical background prefer the subject. Apart from all the factors, the syllabus is also shorter than other subjects.
31st August 2010, 03:24 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
it depends on your interest in any particular subject,
i would advice you to choose any subject in which you feel comfortable with and are confident of doing well,
no matter which ever subject you choose ultimately every thing will depend on the amount of hard work you put,
all the best
31st August 2010, 11:56 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
there are no any optional paper selection for the prelims exam of IAS.
You can choose your two mains paper as per your intererst.

for prelims you have to be well prepared for all subjects covered in prelims test.
& from next year the pattern of IAS has changed a little bit,
just include some reasoning, maths as well as english etc.

So, you have to take preparation very well for all subjects covered in exam.

good luck.
21st September 2010, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

can mechanical and maths combination be chosen as optionals?
25th September 2010, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

which type of subject a b.tech aeie students should choose?
1st October 2010, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Dear friend i think that ece subject is also add in prelims exam..
5th November 2010, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

which optional subject a b.tech mechanical student should choose in IAS IPS exams
6th November 2010, 03:50 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

you belong to it branch so there are no any subjects related to your branch so you will have to choose any subjects fform the list of subjects provided by upsc. so choose on the basis of your interest
7th November 2010, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

nobody has suggested any optional subject to choose ,
everybody knows we have to choose any two out of
twenty two subjects
15th November 2010, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

can i pursue for ias coaching during BA 2nd.if it so then what is the fees structure for rau ias coaching delhi for such course
16th November 2010, 12:50 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii

optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams
As your branch is IT so there is no any subjects related to your branch.

but you can choose any two subjects among about 22 subjects provided by the UPSC.

you can choose any two interesting subjects among the 22 subjects.

good luck.
16th November 2010, 11:24 AM
bhura parul

HI........
There are not any subject in UPSC exam related IT & CSE field......so it is depend on ur interest.....so choose any two subject from below list........dont misguide and first decide ur interest than select right choice according ur interest becoz it is very important in UPSC exam ......becoz in this exam selebles is very lenghthy..

Agriculture
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce
Political Science
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

Wish U all the best
29th November 2010, 03:45 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunesh takkella palli View Post
i am the student from information technology... n iam doing my final year b.tech... will u pls tell me the optional subjects which is better to choose for the ias n ips prilims??
well arunesh,

you are a bachelors in information technology.

mathematics would be one of the subjects in 1st,2nd and even third year right!!!

so you are much more aware of mathematics and even you have been studying the mathematics since 10 class too,

there for your one of the optional subject must be mathematics from out of 22 optional subjects.

these optional subjects are
IAS in Agriculture,Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences,Anthropology, Botany Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Economics, General Studies, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Management, Mathematics, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Zoology, Public Administration

and even you can opt for general studies or physics

but it totally depends on your interest so go with your own interest.

you can do better if you go with your interests.

good luck
5th February 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed graduadtion only (btech with computer science branch),
can i give exam of ias/pcs???

plzz plzzz answer give me
13th February 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,
please send to me assistant review officer main exam syllabus.
15th February 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

sir this is jayendra gaur and currently pursuing b.sc it and would like to know the optional sub which i can opt for according to the new upsc syllabus.and please guide if IT is the optional sub inlisted in the exam.my email id is [email protected] u can even mail me ur view on my email.
thanking you
jayendra gaur
19th March 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Can't Public Administartion and Management be opted as two optional subjects in UPSC? I was filling up the form in on-line and it's not allowing me to opt for these two subjects togather!!
16th April 2011, 11:22 PM
vaibhavkgavali

there are many subjects but u should choose the social sciences subjects
22nd April 2011, 12:54 PM
P.SHARANYA

Default can i start taking IAS coaching after btech 3rd year?

sir..
now i'm completing my btech 3rd year with ECE background and i'm interested to take coaching for IAS. is it a right time to take caching now?
19th June 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

If it is not possible to submit the ECE subject as an optional paper in IAS and IPS exam?
5th July 2011, 12:09 AM
vincialex

I am currently doing masters (5 yr course) in geophysics from IIT KHARAGPUR.
I am keen on preparing for IAS . I am currently in prefinal year so i have 2 years to prepare before i give my first shot.although geophysics has linkage to geology i am not interested in taking geology as my optional as i am not interested in the subject at all.
being from IIT one often makes a presumtion that i am more inclined in maths and science..but thats not true ..in my school days i enjoyed history,geography and civics more than science and maths.
i am thinking of taking 2 out of sociology ,pub admin and geography.
scoiology coz i have heard thats its syllabus is little less comprehensive.... .pub admin cause i think its more like civics and also helps in preparation for GS..am i right??.....geography cause i have heard that its a good optional for students with science background.
what holds me back is the fact that i will be competing with students who are studying these as courses in thier bachelors and masters ..does that hold me at a greater disadvantage..or is there hope for me too??)... please quote if you know people from engineering background who have cleard IAS with both optionals from non sciences background....kindly suggest the needful.
thanking you!!!
10th August 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

i m student persuing be with it branch may i appear in ias exam with sociology n civics i hv also interest in geography pls suggest thank u
27th August 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

What are the service examinations available for btech it students?
30th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects in premiles paper. & what are this subjects?
31st August 2011, 04:20 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

You should better choose as per your interest and capability to study a particular subject.

Agriculture Syllabus
Botany Syllabus
Chemistry Syllabus
Commerce Syllabus
Economics Syllabus
Geography Syllabus
Geology Syllabus
Indian History Syllabus
Law Syllabus
Mathematics Syllabus
Medical Science Syllabus
Philosophy Syllabus
Physics Syllabus
Psychology Syllabus
Sociology Syllabus
Statistics Syllabus
Zoology Syllabus

The examination pattern of prelims is about to change and there are chances that UPSC could take a common aptitude paper for Prelims.
The final decision is pending yet and so nothing can be said for sure. The pattern would be available in or before the month of November.
www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
1st September 2011, 12:32 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

Agriculture Syllabus
Botany Syllabus
Chemistry Syllabus
Commerce Syllabus
Economics Syllabus
Geography Syllabus
Geology Syllabus
Indian History Syllabus
Law Syllabus
Mathematics Syllabus
Medical Science Syllabus
Philosophy Syllabus
Physics Syllabus
Psychology Syllabus
Sociology Syllabus
Statistics Syllabus
Zoology Syllabus

www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
1st September 2011, 08:47 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

According to the optional subjects given for the preliminary examination
There is no subject related to IT
So it is better to take any other subjects for preparation
I think it is better to take mathematics or physics for the exam
Otherwise take the subjects according to the easiness for you to preparation
Sociology and history are quite good for attending general knowledge questions in the exam
And finally its your decision to take the right choice
Do well
16th September 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects apart from optionals that are required to attend for IAS exam
20th September 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

i m b.tech biotechnology student...since there is no subject of biotechnology in mains i m thinking f taking physics,sociology or public admin....as option.could ny1 tell me if physics is a good option i studied it only till 12th standard...but if i prepare on ma own will it b fine.....n guide me about public admin and sociology....thank u ...:)
17th October 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

What is best combination for a Btech IT student..Socialogy,public Administration and Geography..PLz suggest the best two.Depending on course content(the leser it is the better it is ) and language(simple and comprehensive one preffered).Plz reply ASAP.
17th December 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

i m a b.tech it student and i dont know which subject to take ...... which subject is more easier... whether sociology and history would be good
18th December 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi....i m a student of B.Tech 1st yr in CSE.I want to know that how many subjects have to select to appear in IAS exam (including optional $ main subject).And which coaching is best in Delhi.When should i start preparing for competition.
23rd January 2012, 05:57 PM
drurv

subjects under UPSE are

Agriculture Syllabus
Botany Syllabus
Chemistry Syllabus
Commerce Syllabus
Economics Syllabus
Geography Syllabus
Geology Syllabus
Indian History Syllabus
Law Syllabus
Mathematics Syllabus
Medical Science Syllabus
Philosophy Syllabus
Physics Syllabus
31st January 2012, 10:42 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunesh takkella palli View Post
HI,
You can chose any optional subject mention by U.P.S.C
The list of subject is given below:-
Agriculture
Management
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

Chose that optional subject which is interesting and in which you have grip..

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?