6th August 2012, 10:19 AM
bhavitwalia

Which optional subjects should I choose in 11th commerce?

which optional subject should i choose in +1 commerce......whether multimedia will be benefit or physical education.

Related Questions:
28th February 2013, 08:23 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which optional subjects should I choose in 11th commerce?

It is a common practice to base this crucial decision on the marks that the student obtains in his class X examinations. So, a student who secures an 80% plus aggregate in his class X Board Exams, invariably heads towards the Science subjects and another student who secures a 60% in his Boards, assumes that Humanities or the Arts subjects is what he must be cut out for. Such generalizations often prove erroneous and students may end up disillusioned and unduly stressed.

While performance in the class X final examinations may be a fair indication of the student’s hold over academic subjects, it should not be taken as the sole indicator for the level of aptitude and interest in any given area. Take the case of Arpita, who obtained a 75 % in her class X Boards. It is reasonable to assume that her Board exam result has been a function of such factors as

the level of preparedness
memory
exam taking skills
and level of anxiety on the day of exam;
others

Motivation or interest per se is likely to have played a relatively insignificant role. However, the scenario will change 2 years hence when she will be looking at her Class XII Board Exam results! Along with the factors listed above, her involvement with her subjects of study and her overall interest in the same will truly reflect in her final performance. This is because studies in the higher classes (Class XI and XII) get tougher and success in the examinations at this stage can be attained only by a consistent approach and an inquisitiveness to learn that is best brought about an inherent interest in the subject matter. It therefore brings us to the central point of this write-up that the choice of stream (or subjects) in class XI should be arrived at only after taking an individual student’s interest and aptitude into account.
Some pointers to keep in mind while choosing the subject combinations:

Know the subject combinations offered in your school at the +2 level. Typically the streams available in the schools and the subjects offered therein are:
Science (Medical): Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Optional subjects: Math, Engineering Drawing, Economics, Computer Science, Informatics Practices, Biotechnology
Science (Non-Medical): Physics, Chemistry, Math
Optional Subjects: Biology, Engineering Drawing, Economics, Computer Science, Informatics Practices
Commerce: Business Studies, Accounts, Economics
Optional Subjects: Math, Informatics Practices
Arts: History, Geography, Political Science
Optional Subjects: Economics, Psychology

One language (English is usually a compulsory subject in most schools)
Know your interests and aptitude. Co-curricular activities and inputs from friends & family can be valuable in this regard. You can also take the help of psychometric testing by certified guidance counselors.
Have a Career Plan revolving around a minimum of 3-4 careers in place.
Think it through yourself; what is good for your friend may not be good for you.
Explore career options and discover new opportunities that may excite you (this process should indeed continue within the broad field throughout the two years of plus two studies).
Be realistic and honest with yourself-no one knows you better than you do! If you know for instance, that you do not have a ‘Math-Brain’, do not fool yourself into taking Science.
Pay heed to the advice from parents and other adults who know you closely. Their experience can often provide you valuable insights both about yourself and the world of work.

It is important that you think through before taking this decision. Do not take it in haste or feel pressured in any way whatsoever.
All the Best!
10th March 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I'm thinking to take commerce with maths as an optional subject but all my seniors are constantly telling me not to take maths in 11th as it is very tough. I do not bring very very good marks in maths but i bring average marks. What to do?
21st April 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Which optional subject is benefited to me in commerce with math or p.e
19th June 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

which optional subjects should i choose in commerce,when i want to become CA ?
9th October 2013, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

can u plzz list the names of optional subjects which are 60-70 provided by cbse available with commerce like kathak, bhartnatyam etc.
12th October 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

IF I TAKE COMMERCE AS A COMPULSORY SUBJECT CAN I CHOSE A COMPUTER AS A OPTIONAL SUBJECT WHICH INCLUDE HTML,JAVA
4th November 2013, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

if i take commerce in 11th will i able to go for an animation designer??
27th November 2013, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

1ST YEAR SUBJECT NAME
3rd March 2014, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Please type your question or comment here and then click Submit.if i take computer in commerce what are the lines for me
21st March 2014, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Is there any loss by not taking maths in commerce? I want to do law but without maths. Plz giv me a suggestion for it as early as possible.
21st March 2014, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to do law in commerce but without maths. Is there any loss not to taking maths. Plz gv me suggestion for it.
21st March 2014, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

which optional subject is beneficial for the commerce stream? my aim is law but without maths. Plz gv me a solution, as early as possible.
11th April 2014, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Hiii. My aim is to do CA after my 12th. Is it the right decision. Wht subjects should i choose in my 11th std? Which are the optional and compulsory subjects to do CA? Plz reply as soon as possible......
12th April 2014, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Law is better or maths as an optional subject in eleventh class if I want to do CA
22nd April 2014, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I want to know in commerce we take maths that is same to that maths which take as a compulsory subject
6th June 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an architecture,so which subject should i choose in 11th std
2nd July 2014, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 10th std with 76.80% , i have choose commerce side , now the subject that i have got in 11th std are (bookkeeping&accountancy ,economics, sectrical practice , organization of commerce,english ,hindi . SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS THAT WHAT CAREER OPTIONS ARE OPEN FOR ME?
13th March 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

hey i have a question i want to take commerce in 11th but i dont no what % should i obtain for commerce.Please reply soon.
13th March 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

hey i have a question i want to take commerce in 11th but i dont no what % should i obtain for commerce.Please reply soon.
15th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

What is the benefit of computer as optional subject in commerce
16th March 2015, 11:59 AM
Divym singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavitwalia View Post
which optional subject should i choose in +1 commerce......whether multimedia will be benefit or physical education.
if your interest is in the maths you take the subjects maths,accounts and business if not you can do after 12th commerce computer engineering
16th March 2015, 11:30 PM
sachin200792

If you are looking for an optional course with commerce in class 12th, you might want to go for Physical Education. This course is pretty common, helps you get awareness of you physical health, sanitation, sports and many similar things.

Although it is possible that this course might not be available in all the schools, but there are other things which are as creative, say drawing, arts, languages, music, etc. These are very good choices to opt from according to your own interests.
16th March 2015, 11:38 PM
Ronie0309

I would suggest you to go for multimedia.
This is because you may go on towards the multimedia or mass communication side where this knowledge of multimedia will help you.

Physical education on the other hand will be a bit helpful to you but only if you really want a career out of sports.
That too physical education would not help you much anyways.
2nd April 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I'm thinking to take commerce with maths as an optional subject but all my seniors are constantly telling me not to take maths in 11th as it is very tough. I do not bring very very good marks in maths but i bring average marks. What to do?
9th April 2015, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me what should i choose. ....computer or commerce. ...my aim is Software Engineer but i don't want to study maths because i get average marks in it ....i have no problem in studying in commerce but i want to study computer but I don't want to study Maths. ...............So plz plz plz tell me what should I opt? ?????????
14th April 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

im compleat 12th class exam from rbse bord but i want to change my subject scince to commerce plz tell me about commerce sub and optional in sub
30th May 2015, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

I want my career in computer field but I don't like maths at all....plz suggest me a gud subject for 11the with its optional subject
24th August 2015, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

What should I choose as optional computer science, physical, or music when I want to became IAS in commerce stream
5th January 2016, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

What are the jobs available for a student who has taken 11com. With homescienc
4th March 2016, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Hey.. Am appearing 10th board exams.. And am thinking to opt for commerce without maths in 11th with entrepreneurship as optional subjects.. Can anyone tell me is entrepreneurship an good subjects and what subjects are required for entrance of commerce? Please suggest me, guys..
9th March 2016, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

what should i do in 11th standard ...because in maths and science is my so poor ....
can i take the commerce...
7th April 2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

which optional subject should i choose with commerce computer or physical education
7th April 2016, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I want to become ips officer what subjects should I take to become ips officer?
7th June 2016, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a bussiness man I want to know that commerce will going to help me in future for it or not .
10th June 2016, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a interior designer. When I am taking commerce without maths , then my decision will going to help me in future or not
12th June 2016, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Which subject I choose in my 11th std.which are the optional and compulsory subject to do in CA.
1st July 2016, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Which optional subject I choose in 11 standard commerce ?
I want to became IAS in commerce stream
12th September 2016, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

what are the compulsory and optional subjects that I have to take in commerce stream after 10th?
21st May 2017, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Hi i have passed my sslc by taking percentage 64% i want to take commerce. Can anybody say me If i take commerce can i become software engineer?
4th June 2018, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can u plzz list the names of optional subjects which are 60-70 provided by cbse available with commerce like kathak, bhartnatyam etc.
kathak and bharatnatyam are dance forms and my dear you are mixing it up with commerce.
commerce has 4 optional subject that are:
1. MATHS
2. I.P
3. P.E
4. HINDI
18th June 2018, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

I want to make software engineer in future so what can I take subject in class 11th.
Sir/Men please help me
4th September 2018, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which optional subjects should I choose in 11th commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know in commerce we take maths that is same to that maths which take as a compulsory subject
Maths for science maths and commerce stream are completely same and same books are used.
27th July 2019, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Why we should choose COMMERCE & ACCOUNTANCY as an WBCS OPTIONAL PAPER?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?