25th June 2011, 09:08 PM
yuvi.vikky

In which order should I cover the topics of GATE exam?

EE is my stream. suggest me the order of which i could cover the topics for GATE exam. I am aiming for IIT-K. It would also better if i get some useful tips for a high percentile.

Related Questions:
  1. What topics to cover to get maximum marks in GATE ECE exam? What is the minimum cutoff required to get into IITs?
  2. Can't Concentrate on GATE preparation
  3. How to prepare for GATE exam while pursuing B.Tech (Biotechnology)?
  4. What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?
  5. Exam pattern of Syntel Online Exam? Which topics should I cover for this Exam?
  6. Score in GATE exam to get top reputed M.Tech colleges in India? Important topics to pay more attention for GATE preparation? Is it necessary to take coaching?
  7. Syllabus for diploma CET Computer Science exam? What are important topics to be covered?
  8. How to prepare for L&T BIS written test? What are the main topics to cover? -- [New]
  9. GATE Entrance Exam preparations: Is solving 10 years papers enough? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which are the important topics to prepare for GATE Exam in Electrical Engineering?
  11. How to prepare for GATE Exam from 2nd year of Engineering? Important topics for GATE Exam for Mechanical stream? How to manage time to prepare for GATE Exam?
  12. Top books for GATE exam preparation? Details and prices for the books?
  13. Names of the books for SSC(LDC and DEO) exam? Which books cover all the topics which appear in the SSC exam?
  14. How to make a career in Finance/Economics Field, which courses to do?
  15. HSC Board question papers of previous year
  16. How to prepare for Aptitude Exam? Topics to be covered for the aptitude exam?
  17. Books to be followed for GATE exam? Topics on which I should concentrate more?
  18. Tips and important topics for finalizing the preparation of GATE
15th July 2011, 03:11 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: In which order should I cover the topics of GATE exam?

dear friend,
If you are going for GATE entrance exam then follow following tips:

*Do proper time management and give time according to topics,give more time to important topics and less time to less important topics.
*Must follow standards book for GATE exam
*See the pattern of exam by seeing previous year paper of GATE exam.
*As the GATE exam is totally objective so solve more objective question rather than subjective question.
4th August 2011, 01:19 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi....the first thing that you should cover is the mathematics section because its the most scoring part ,15 marks questions are asked from this section and the questions are relatively very easy and can be answered within no time and hence its better to be perfect in it and then you should prepare for the main subjects from where most questions are asked and that would generally be the subjects of engineering third year so prepare well from them ,last comes the aptitude section,this section is also very easy and i also think that it can be prepared in last one month also
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 68 views)
24th December 2011, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi,I am from Pune.I had appeared for gate 2010 and secured 98.76 percentile in cs branch.
I decided to take Gate exam again this year for better score and get admission in IIT/NITIE.
I have covered all the syllabus and some question in 1 go,but concepts are not that much clear in some areas of almost each subjects.I know those I can cover by intensely studying those topics.I am already enrolled in GATEForum's all india test series.
I have taken leaves of 1 month for its preparation.
My question is how should I optimize my time in this one month to get my goals?
Should I take any crash in Pune (as some people are saying that study/competitive environment is better than self study)??
or Should I go on with my self study and test series(every sunday)???
Please Help!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?