26th July 2017, 03:34 PM
Dipanwita dipa Chakrabort

Is physics compulsory in B.Sc for doing MCA after?

I am a 1st-year computer science honours student under Calcutta University and I am interested in pursuing mca after my graduation so I just wanted to know whether physics is required for doing mca. Our college is providing us with both physics and electronics as general subjects and i am personally interested in electronics than physics. So my general subjects are electronics and maths along with honours in computer science. So will I be allowed to do MCA if I have electronics and not physics?

2nd August 2017, 11:40 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is physics compulsory in B.Sc for doing MCA after?

MCA is Master of Computer Application. This course is an important course for candidates who want to get jobs in top Information Technology companies. This is two years duration course.

Physics at bachelor's degree level is not compulsory for pursuing MCA course. Mathematics at senior secondary level is the utmost requirement for pursuing this course. Graduates in science, computer application, engineering are eligible for Master of computer Applications.

Students who want to pursue this from top MCA colleges of India like National Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology etc need to pursue NIMCET and IIT JAM entrance examination.
3rd August 2017, 07:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MCA refers to Master in Computer Application and same is a professional postgraduate degree course of three years.

The minimum qualification required for pursuing MCA degree course is a bachelor degree course with at least 50% aggregate ( for some colleges 60% ) from a recognized university. Further the academics of candidate must include Mathematics as main subject in his/her Class 12th or graduation degree.

So as far as you are concerned about the need of Physics at graduation level to pursue MCA degree then it is quite evident from the above eligibility criteria that there is no need of Physics as main subject at graduation level for pursuing MCA degree course.
4th August 2017, 07:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and as the name suggests it is a master degree course of three years with very good scope in software world.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing MCA degree course is a bachelor degree course with at least 50% marks ( in case of some colleges 55% to 60% ) from a recognized university. Further the candidate must have studies Mathematics as a main subject during his/her Class 12th or one year of bachelor degree.

So it is evident from above fact that there is no requirement of Physics in the academics for pursuing MCA degree and hence you are eligible to pursue MCA degree after completing your bachelor degree course with required aggregate.

For admission in top colleges for pursuing MCA degree course you need to qualify entrance examinations like NIMCET, IPU CET, BHU PET, IIT JAM, etc. .
4th August 2017, 11:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MCA is Master of Computer Application.

Eligibility for MCA:

1. You must be graduate in science, engineering or computer applications to apply for this course.

2. Your subjects in 12th must include Mathematics.

You can apply for NIMCET and JAM to pursue MCA from top institutes of India.
5th August 2017, 04:41 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipanwita dipa Chakrabort View Post
I am a 1st-year computer science honours student under Calcutta University and I am interested in pursuing mca after my graduation so I just wanted to know whether physics is required for doing mca. Our college is providing us with both physics and electronics as general subjects and i am personally interested in electronics than physics. So my general subjects are electronics and maths along with honours in computer science. So will I be allowed to do MCA if I have electronics and not physics?

Candidate physics is not necessary for doing MCA(Master of Computer Application) Because the only eligibility to apply for the MCA is candidate must have done graduation in any stream like Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering.

Details and Eligibility for MCA:-

>> Candidate must have done graduation from government approved institute.

>> Candidate must have studied mathematics as subject in 10+2.

>> MCA is post graduate degree and duration of MCA course is 3 years which are divided into 6 semesters from which 5 semesters are regular in college and 1 semester is for industrial training.

>> Major subjects to be studied in MCA are Computer organization, C Programming, General Proficiency, Programming in C++, Computer Architecture, Graph Theory, Data structure, Microprocessor, Computer networks, Internet and java programming, System Programming etc.

MCA Specialization Courses:- In MCA candidate can choose specialization according to own interest and details regarding the specialization course is as follows:-

:- System Development.

:- System engineering.

:- System management.

:- Software development.

:- Management Information system.

:- Hardware Technology.

:- Application Software.

:- Internet.

Good luck.
6th August 2017, 12:50 PM
aroy8091

Hi,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

So,Physics is not compulsory in your bachelor degree.

Eligibility Criteria of MCA are:
1.Graduate in Science ,engineering or Computer application from any recognized university
2.Mathematics must be compulsory subject in 12th std
3.Final year student can also apply.

Best of luck for your future.

Regards
aroy8091
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?