14th November 2017, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Possibilities of changing to computers in 11th standard after choosing medical?

I have interest in software engineering it is my aim from childhood I keep learning things about software coding etc from my childhood and now due to parents influence I mistakenly took medical in eleventh now how can I become software engineer give me any possible solutions I am ready now to do anything I am in plus 1 CBSE age 15.5. Thanks!

15th November 2017, 08:48 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibilities of changing to computers in 11th standard after choosing medical?

If you are interested to become a Software Engineer then, you have to pursue your 11th standard with PCM stream. You can't change from PCB to PCM stream in the mid of the academic year. You need to pursue 11th standard again with PCM stream and then 12th standard with PCM stream to be eligible to pursue higher studies in Software Engineering course.
15th November 2017, 09:18 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibilities of changing to computers in 11th standard after choosing medical?

If registration for senior secondary board examination of 10+2 is not done till now then you can switch stream from Biology subject group to Mathematics subject group.

You can contact your school office and ask for stream change. For engineering course, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry is necessary. You should select these subjects in 10+2 to pursue software engineering in coming future.
15th November 2017, 01:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates are allowed to change their stream till they are not registered for board exams of 10+2. You can opt for change of stream from PCB to PCM before registration. Registration is generally done in CBSE board in month of September to November after which no change of subject or stream is allowed.

You can contact your school administrative office for change of stream. They can forward your application for stream change so that you can pursue Software engineering later on.
15th November 2017, 04:36 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

You have to change the subject any how if you are not finding any interest in the medicals.

You have to talk to your parents and the school authorities.

They can re enroll you in the 11th std and you can join the same class but with different stream in the same school.

but if they don't allow you, you have to repeat the 11th std with the other stream i.e. Maths and Physics as it is compulsary to pass 12th with maths and Physics to become an Engineer.
15th November 2017, 05:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

There is possibility to change your stream after choosing medical if the registration process of your school is not over. Subjects addition, deletion, stream change is allowed till registration process gets over.

You need to contact your college authority to know whether the process is over or not. You can add computer as sixth subject or change stream from PCB to PCM along with computer.
15th November 2017, 11:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Software Engineer then, you have to study 11th and 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream from a recognised board. If you have taken admission in Medical stream then, you have to change your stream from PCB to PCM and it is not possible easily unless, the course has started recently. If you are in the mid of the academic year with Medical Science stream then, you have to take admission in 11th standard Non-Medical Science stream in the next academic year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?