13th February 2019, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear for IAS exams after passing BA as a private candidate?

I have completed my BA as a private candidate from Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur. Can I give IAS exam with private B.A? Are there any IAS coaching providers in Udaipur?

15th February 2019, 05:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear for IAS exams after passing BA as a private candidate?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S officer etc.

The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, if you have passed the degree from a recognised private university, then also you are eligible to appear in the examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th February 2019, 08:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear for IAS exams after passing BA as a private candidate?

In order to appear in civil services, the candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
If you have completed your graduation as a private candidate still you are eligible to appear in civil services exam.
17th February 2019, 09:32 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your B.A. through private mode of education, still you are eligible to appear in civil services examination that is conducted by UPSC in order to be an IAS officer in future.
As per the minimum eligibility criteria, a candidate who has completed minimum qualification of graduation either through regular or private mode of education is eligible to appear in this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?