30th November 2016, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to apply for Indian Navy if got 49% in 12th (PCM) from Osmania University?

Sir, I am Karrela Ankush have completed 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry form Osamia University and got 49%. Now, I am doing B.Sc from Osamia University. Please tell me am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy?

1st December 2016, 01:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply for Indian Navy if got 49% in 12th (PCM) from Osmania University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am Karrela Ankush have completed 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry form Osamia University and got 49%. Now, I am doing B.Sc from Osamia University. Please tell me am I eligible to apply for Indian Navy?
If you are in final year of B.Sc degree, then you are eligible for Indian Navy through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Naval Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 years
1st December 2016, 04:34 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Possibility to apply for Indian Navy if got 49% in 12th (PCM) from Osmania University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can join Indian Navy after completing your B.Sc. graduation.
You can also apply for Indian Navy when you are in final year of your graduation.
Through these three modes, you can be recruited in Indian Navy i.e.
  • On-Campus Recruitments.
  • Off-Campus Recruitments.
  • CDS Exam.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and there is no percentage criteria for applying this exam.
1st December 2016, 08:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibility criteria required to join NDA:

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students.

Candidate must have passed the12th from a recognised board.

Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years and there is no age relaxation.

Selection procedure:

Written Exam

Interview

Medical Fitness
1st December 2016, 08:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with 49% aggregate marks from Osmania university. To join Indian Navy, you need to appear in NDA or CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. As you are pursuing B.Sc. course right now, I suggest you to complete your B.Sc. course and apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?