10th January 2013, 12:17 AM
yaver

Is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from open university?

hi, i am persuing my graduation from karnataka open university, this is my last year as i want to apply for CAT exam is it possible to do a regular MBA after persuing graduation from an open university>?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from open university? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I pursue MBA in regular mode after doing graduation from Netaji Subhas Open University
  3. Where can I apply for MBA course having secured 38% in Graduation?
  4. Am I eligible for regular MBA after completing B.Com in Ambedkar Open University?
  5. How to do MBA after graduation? I am pursuing TYB.Com
  6. Am I eligible for regular MBA after doing graduation in Ambedkar Open University(Distance)
  7. How to apply for MBA after graduating in BSc Electronics? Where can I apply?
  8. Regular MBA or one year MBA with B.tech, better option for student of B.Tech MBA integrated (5-year) course from LPU?
  9. Procedure of entrance in JBT?
  10. Is inter mandatory for MBA?
  11. Suitable post graduate degree for 42 years old Administrative Executive? -- [New]
  12. Am i eligible for a regular post graduation courses? What should i choose between MBA or M.Sc? I have done my B.Sc degree through distance learning program
  13. Can I do M.Tech in regular mode without intermediate? I have completed graduation and PG in Acharya Nagarjuna Open University in distance mode
  14. Which companies offer jobs for BBA students? I am studying BBA in Durgapur Society of Management Science
  15. Is it better to stop pursuing 1st year of graduation in arts and joining in BBA which makes me to loose 1 year if I want to go for MBA later?
  16. Can I do MBA in regular mode without doing Intermediate?
  17. Am I eligible to join MBA regular without doing Intermediate?
  18. How to do MBA from regular university? I am pursuing BBA from Sikkim Manipal University
10th January 2013, 01:21 PM
siddharthawasthi

Default Re: Is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from open university?

hii...friend...
as you told that you are persuing graduation from karnataka open university and as i know its a UGC recognised university so you are eligible for any of the exam for which graduation is the minimum qualification..don"tworry about it.and go for the CAT..best of luck..
10th January 2013, 02:17 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from open university?

It is definitely possible. You can pursue Master of Business Administration from regular college after completing graduation from open university. There is no such rule that open university students have to do MBA from open university.

If your college is recognized by the government then you can appear for all the MBA entrance exams including Common Admission Test (CAT).

Common Admission Test (CAT) is without doubt the most popular entrance exam for Master of Business Administration. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) offer admission through the Common Admission Test. IIMs are considered to be the best MBA colleges in India.

This is the reason why majority of candidates prefer to appear for the Common Admission Test. Here is the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility

1. You must have completed graduation from recognized university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST candidate should obtain minimum of 45 percent marks in graduation.

In case you have scored less than 50 percent marks, then Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is the best option for you. MAT entrance exam is conducted four times in a year. To appear in MAT, you just need a bachelor degree. There is no criteria for percentage.

Please remember that all MBA entrance exams allow candidate with open university degree to appear as long as the degree is obtained from a recognized university. You can also appear for entrance exams like XAT and GMAT.
10th January 2013, 08:41 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes, you can pursue your MBA from a regular university as a regular candidate by giving CAT, because it is not essential to pursue your graduation in a regular manner. While doing it from a open university also, you're eligible for giving CAT. You should be having a minimum of 55% marks in graduation.
Gud luck.
17th January 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from Karnataka State open university without complecting 12th Standard.
22nd February 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I am pass out f.y b com from pune university in March 2002, now can i complete graduation from open university?
27th February 2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

i have completed the 1 and 2 year degree in bangalore university and regarding some university problem , i have transfer the final year to karnataka open university and have got the all the certificate from karnataka open university. now i have to apply MBA for regular , can it's possiable ?
28th February 2013, 11:27 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaver View Post
hi, i am persuing my graduation from karnataka open university, this is my last year as i want to apply for CAT exam is it possible to do a regular MBA after persuing graduation from an open university>?
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for M.B.A through C.A.T exam.

Karnataka State Open University is approve by:-
> University Grant Commission(U.G.C)
> Distance Deucation Council.

ELIGIBILITY FOR M.B.A:-
> Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks from any stream.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.
> There is no age limit in C.A.T exam.

ALL THE BEST!
1st March 2013, 10:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

You are doing now graduation degree .

So you are applicable to do MBA course in regular mode through CAT exam exam but your graduation degree must be recognized .

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.

MBA course are two types - Full Time and Part time .Full time course duration is 2 years and part time course duration is 3 years

Eligibility criteria for MBA course:-

1.Your graduation degree marks is above 50% .
2.Your degree must be recognized
3.Final year of graduation degree holder can apply here.
4.No age criteria

Top MBA entrance Exams:-
  • AIMA-MAT
  • ATMA
  • CAT (Common Admission Test)
  • CMAT
  • IIFT
  • MAH-MBA/MMS- CET
  • NMAT
  • SNAP
  • XAT
List of the Top MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad)

Indian Institute of Management (LUCKNOW)

Indian Institute of Management (Kolkata)

Indian Institute of Management (Kozhikode)

Indian Institute of Management (Indore)

Indian Institute of Management (Bangalore)

Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University (FMS)(New Delhi)

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai)

Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI) (Jamshedpur)
2nd March 2013, 12:54 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Yaver,

The acronym for MBA is Master of Business Administration.

Yes, It is possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from open university.

MBA is a two yrs degree course.

The list of top MBA entrance examinations are mentioned as below:-

* NMAT.

* SNAP.

* AIMA-MAT.

* ATMA.

* CAT (Common Admission Test).

* XAT.

* MAH-MBA/MMS- CET.

* CMAT.

* IIFT.

The eligibility criteria required for the MBA are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with at least 50% marks from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit:- Age limit is not required.

* Final year contendors of graduation are also eligible for MBA.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

31st March 2013, 03:14 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Yaver,

The Full Form Of MBA is Master Of Business Administration.

MBA is a two years Masters Degree course which deals with the business strategies and Management strategies.

The Minimum educational qualification required for this course is graduation from any recognized college/university as well as candidates in final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the course.

So , as you are in final year of graduation no matter you are getting the degree from regular mode or open mode , you are eligible for the course .

The thing that matters is the university must be recognized by the University Grants Commission [UGC].

So , just check that whether your university is recognized by UGC or not.

There is no age limit for the MBA Course so , any candidate who holds a Bachelor`s Degree with a minimum of 50% marks can pursue this course.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
4th June 2013, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for regular MBA after completing Bsc through Sdce(school of distance & continuing education) in Dravidian university,plze give reply to my question
18th July 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing b.com from private university..can i take regular admission in m.com in regular college??
27th July 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pursuing bca from ysahwantrao chavan open university , nashik (maharashtra)......can i do mba from any regular university after completed my graduation from open university.........

please help me..........
31st July 2013, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

i m partha.i hav completed b.tech coures but still i hav papers which way can do PG without UG
17th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

HI i am doing gradution from IGNOU & same two years cleared & now i would like to do final year from other university. is it possible or not & can i carry on study from other university for MBA.
14th October 2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

i have done my one year graduation from open university am i able to do mba in IT.is it possible..
14th October 2013, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

i have done my one year graduation from open university am i able to do mba in it
31st October 2013, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from open university?

Quote:
NO..............
8th November 2013, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to do regular MBA after pursuing graduation from mk university?
18th July 2014, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

I am completed my BA in open university.can is it possible to do regular MBA.&i appear cmat exam yes or no?
29th July 2014, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my 12th standard through correspodence {karnataka state open university} i want to join bsc regular classes is it possible pls help me out sir
9th August 2014, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my SSLC and one year ITI course after that i was completed BBA in Tamil nadu open university,
i want to join MBA thru correspondence it is possible, if possible can you share list of collage in chennai
4th September 2014, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my graduation in B.COM 2nd year DR.B.R Ambedkar university am i eligible to do MBA after completion of graduation in this university..
9th October 2014, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing my graduation in bba from sikkim manipal university my three years course is completed but i have 6 back papers am i eligible to do mba plzz help me out
9th October 2014, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing my graduation in bba from sikkim manipal university my three years course is completed but i have 6 back papers am i eligible to do mba plzz help me out
9th October 2014, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing my graduation in bba from sikkim manipal university and my three years course is completed but i have 6 back papers is am eligible to do mba after clearing all back papers? Plzz help me out
9th October 2014, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing my graduation in bba from sikkim manipal university and my three years course is completed but i have 6 back papers is am eligible to do mba after clearing all back papers? Plzz help me out
27th November 2014, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am last year ba mdu distance university.can I apply cat exam and get addmision in MBA until my result come final year ba.
2nd February 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi i completed my graduation in a private university can i apply for abroad education . will i get any problem regarding visa. Please let me know the details
Thank you.
9th February 2015, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have done BSc in CBZ but could not cleared. The course was completed in 1994 and now Can i do post graduation course without completing degree. Can anyone guide me
12th April 2015, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am completed BSc MLT through distance mode ( lateral entry, so 2 years BSc MLT )in vinayaka mission university. can I join MSc biotechnology in regular mode. if it is possible which universities gives entry. plz guide me Iam totally confused.
13th April 2015, 01:16 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for the regular course in master degree even after the graduation from a open university because these are valid universities that can offers any course from distance education. After passing the graduation course from distance universities you can apply after qualifying the CAT(Common admission test) for regular M.B.A. are-

>> Punjab technical University

>> Punjab University

>> Lovely professional university

>> Thapar University

>> Amity university

>> Anna universuty

>> Indian institute of management, Delhi

>. Indian institute of management, Mumbai

>> Indian institute of technology,Ahmadabad

>> Indian institute of technology,Madras

>> VIT university

>> M.D.U. University

>> G.J.U. university
5th May 2015, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,

iam Asha, iam planing to take BCOM in KSOU, on d age basis after 10th, is am eligible to take MCOM in regular college in future??? is puc will effect or not in future cources...... please help me as soon as possible....
20th May 2015, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take Mcom in regular after completing of Bcom in KSOU??? Please suggest me. And please provide me a college names
in Bangalore
15th August 2015, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i am not complited my bsc mlt but i study in 2nd year and my education is ycmou but problem was i admisstion to the duplicat 12th tc(cirtificate) so can i affter complitted in bsc mlt thene can i regulary addmition in MBA to my duplicate TC.please sir/mam help me i have many probleme ?
18th August 2015, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir. I was completed my b.com second year in Ycmou . And I am appier to last year. Can I apply in regular MBA. Please guide me .
17th January 2016, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my name is shriveni i was completed b.com from distance mode from gitam university without intermediate 10th std i was completed in mumbai can i have a chance to do mba in regular can i apply for icet.
20th August 2017, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

Which document I have to provide instead of leaving certificate for post graduation entrance exam and admissions????
27th August 2017, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir/madam I was completed M.E.C in intermediate I am studying now E.P.P in B.A at kakatiya open University. sir can I eligible for IIM
9th September 2017, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

After completing my 10th std board exam i did MA. English literature in Madurai Kamaraj University in open university stream. I worked as a primary teacher for 3 years. Am i eligible to do D.Ed or D.El.Ed.
1st January 2019, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying in Geetham University distance learning can I eligible for regular MBA
19th July 2019, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do regular MSc after pursuing graduation from open University?
11th April 2020, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I'm percieving graduation from open university. At present i'm in last year. i want to percieve MBA from Pune University. Am I able to perceive it!
One more thing is, that i haven't completed 12th.
Please reply.
Thank you
2nd December 2020, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

I did Bsc Computers in Open university now i want to do MBA , is it ok or i face any problems.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?