29th April 2015, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to join Indian Army after completion of diploma course?

Is it possible for me to join Indian Army after completion of diploma course? Can someone let me know the minimum eligibility criteria they will look for? Need to plan on applying for it based on your inputs and information. Looking forward to hear form you all soon!

29th April 2015, 07:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join Indian Army after completion of diploma course?

There are two ways to get into Indian Army,one is through NDA exam and the other is through CDS exam.Both the exams are conducted by UPSC twice a year.

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy is Graduation in any discipline,Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Naval Academy and 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering for Indian Air Force Academy.

-For CDS exam,the age limit for

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
29th April 2015, 11:20 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join Indian Army after completion of diploma course?

Candidates are only selected on the given eligibility.

Eligibility to Join Indian Army---

**Candidates who want to apply must pass his/her class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects.

**Candidates must be a citizen of India.

**Candidate age should be between 16 years to 19.

**Only unmarried are allowed in this exam.

**Candidates are selected on the basis of Psychological Test, Group Test and Services Selection Board (SSB) Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?