6th September 2017, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue B.Tech and also MBA by distance learning?

I am a civil engineering student pursuing my B.Tech. Is it possible and valid to pursue MBA by distance learning while pursuing B.Tech? So that it may save my time? Can you please guide me with the complete details on the same? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to pursue B.Tech and also MBA by distance learning? -- [New]
  2. Can I pursue CA after passing MBA in finance from ICFAI distance learning?
  3. Which College or Institute is best for pursuing MBA (Distance Learning) in Gujarat? How can I get admission in that College?
  4. Is it possible to get admission into MBA with 42.5%? Best institute for MBA in Distance Learning?
  5. Can I pursue online or distance learning homeopathy courses?
  6. Recognized college/university to pursue LLB through distance learning?
  7. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET? I am pursuing my MBA in distance learning from SMU
  8. Which one is better distance, MBA after Diploma or Degree after Diploma?
  9. Best Colleges with Less Fee for MBA Course in Distance Learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which university is best for me to pursue MBA course in distance learning being a candidate having completed B.Com and doing Job?
  11. Which has more value, IGNOU MBA distance learning or Symbiosis MBA distance learning?
  12. Which is the best university to pursue MBA IT through distance learning program?
  13. Institutes through which I can pursue MBA in Supply Chain Management? Does this a part time course or Distance Learning Program?
  14. Procedure of doing PhD through distance education from Annamalia University?
  15. What is the exam pattern of Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) for MBA course? How many question are there in MBA papers?
  16. How to pursue B.Tech through distance learning mode?
  17. Can I pursue MBA in HR in distance mode?
  18. What is the fee structure of MBA course through distance learning? Is there any difference between correspondence and distance learning?
7th September 2017, 09:56 PM
spike.raghu

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue B.Tech and also MBA by distance learning?

MBA is post graduate course. You are going to need a graduation degree to apply for a post graduate degree. So it might not be possible unless you get a degree.
7th September 2017, 10:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are certain institutes which offer Master of Business Administration in distance mode and are valid also. But it is not a good option. You may not be able to learn good skills and acquire proper knowledge of MBA course in distance mode.

Hence, it is advisable to pursue Bachelor of Technology at present. In final year, apply for different management entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP etc to get admission in regular MBA course. Courses like MBA, B.Tech etc must be done in regular mode and from a recognized institute.
7th September 2017, 11:10 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

No. it will not be feasible to pursue MBA simultaneous to B.Tech. MBA is a master's degree and the minimum educational qualification required to apply for MBA is a graduation degree from any well affiliated institute/university. So, first you have to complete the Bachelor's of Civil Engineering only then you can apply for MBA.
8th September 2017, 12:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can start pursuing Master of Business Administration from second year of Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.

Distance MBA courses are not approved by AICTE.

Top Distance MBA colleges are:

1. Amity University.

2. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning.

3. Indira Gandhi National Open university.

4. ICFAI University.

5. Sikkim Manipal university.
8th September 2017, 04:27 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot study MBA in distance while studying B.Tech because for studying MBA the candidate should complete their graduation level course in any stream with minimum 50% from any recognised university.

Since you are studying B.Tech in civil engineering you cannot study MBA. After completing your graduation course then apply for any entrance exam conducted by different states and universities for getting admission into the universities. You can even visit the university and apply for direct admission na use fee universities give direct admission based on the previous year performance.
12th September 2017, 07:19 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

MBA is a post graduate course in business administration which cannot be pursued along with a graduation course through distance education as the basic eligibility criteria is to be a graduate in any discipline and must have 50% marks for graduation if you are from general category. However, if you belong to the reserved category, then you need to have only 45% marks for graduation.
So you need to first pass your B.Tech and then apply for MBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?