26th January 2010, 12:51 AM

Postgraduation in aeronautical? are there any entrance exams? what is the procedure?

hi. i m in 2nd year mechanical engg. i want to do postgraduation in aeronautical.so what all to do..???
are there any exams to be given..?
what is the % criteria..??
what is the admission procedure..!
can u plz give me the cut off list of different colleges..???

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering?
  2. Entrance test details of Postgraduation course in AGBSC?
  3. Aeronautical engineering without giving any entrance exam is possible? Percentage required in HSC and compulsory entrance exams? List of government Aeronautical engineering colleges?
  4. List of entrance exams to get admission in best Aeronautical Engineering Colleges?
  5. Procedure of doing post graduation course from IIT after BE?
  6. What is the procedure to do PG in IIT?
  7. List Post Graduation courses in Aviation & Tool Designing stream?
  8. Can we appear for PG in Aeronautical Engineering after graduating in IT engineering? What is the procedure to appear? Courses offered for PG in Aeronautical Engineering? Any particular entrance exam?
  9. What should I study in Abroad to become a Space Scientist?
  10. Short term course in Aeronautical engineering after completing B.E? What are the entrance exams to study in abroad?
  11. What is the scope of Microbiology course?
  12. Which course to do after completing BBA Finance?
  13. List of entrance exams available to study Diploma Aeronautical course in Pune? -- [New]
  14. Which are the good colleges in India and Abroad for Aeronautical Engineering? Which entrance exams to prepare to get Aeronautical Engineering?
  15. Which exams do I have to give to become an Aeronautical Engineering? Job opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I become an aeronautical engineer?
  17. What is the qualification for Aeronautical Engineering?
  18. Which Entrance Exams should I give after completion of 10th or 12th class to join Aeronautical Engineering?
26th January 2010, 11:55 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Postgraduation in aeronautical? are there any entrance exams? what is the procedure?

List of Aerospace / Aeronautical colleges in India
1. Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology
2. Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
3. Hindustan College Of Engineering
4. Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology
5. IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai 400076, (Maharashtra)
6. Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
C-139, Sector-3, Near United Food Programme Building, Cariapppa Marg, Defence Colony, Dehradun-248001, Uttarakhand, (Uttarakhand)
7. Indian Institute of Technology, II PO, Chennai 600036, (Tamil Nadu)
8. Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507, (Punjab)
9. Institute of Information Technology & Management’s Aeronautical Engineering Training Academy, Sr. No. 37, Kondwa Budruk, Pune - 411 048, (Maharashtra)
10. Mohamed Sathak Engineernig College,Kilakarai - 623 806, Ramanathapuram Dist., Tamil Nadu, (Tamil Nadu)
11. Nehru College of Aeronautics & Applied Science, 451-D, Palakkad main road, Kuniamuthur, Coimbatore - 641 008, (Tamil Nadu)
12. Park College of Engineering and Technology, Kaniyur post, Coimbatore, (Tamil Nadu)
13. Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth (Deemed)University, (Rajasthan)
14. VSM Aerospace, Chelekere, Off Ring Road, KalyanNagar Post, Bangalore - 560 043, (Karnataka)
15. Academy Of Aerospace & Aviation, Swadesh Bhawan, 2, Press Complex, A.B.Road, Indore, (Madhya Pradesh)
16. Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology, Royal Complex-467 , Near Old Paradi Naka, Bhandara Road ,Nagpur -440008, (Maharashtra)
17. Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008, (Karnataka)
18. IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Kharagpur 721302, (West Bengal)
19. IIT, Kanpur 208016, (Uttar Pradesh)
20. Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014, (Bihar)
21. Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Technical Campus, # 29, R. K. Layout, Padmanabhanagar, Bangalore-560 070, (Karnataka)
22. Madras Institute Of Technology, Anna University, Chrompet, Chennai-600044, (Tamil Nadu)
23. National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 1/2, Canal Road, Ballupur, Dehradun 248001, (Uttarakhand)
24. National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 1/2, Canal Road, Ballupur, Dehradun 248001, (Uttarakhand)
25. Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh-160012, (Chandigarh (union territory))
26. School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi, (Delhi (union territory))
27. VSM Aerospace, Chelekere, Off Ring Road, KalyanNagar Post, Bangalore
26th January 2010, 09:07 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Postgraduation in aeronautical? are there any entrance exams? what is the procedure?

You have selected a good option.

For M.tech (aeronautical engineering) you have to crack entrance's for it,followings are some of India's best institutes for persuing M.tech (aeronautical engineering):-

IIT's :- admission is based on valid GATE scores.GATE (graduate amplitude test for engineering) is combinedly conducted by IIT's & IISC for admission to various M.tech programs of engineering.Eligibility criteria- the candiadate must have passed B.tech/B.E. with atleast 60% aggregate including all semeters.For more detalis you can vist official website of any IIT.

IISC,Banglore: same as above.

Anna university:- admission is based on valid TANCET scores.For more details you can visit its official website- http://www.annauniv.edu

Hindustan university,banglore: it conducts its own entrance for it,and also offers direct admission and scholarship to meritorious students.For more detail official website-http://www.hindustanuniv.ac.in

Best of luck
9th February 2010, 12:33 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
visit http://www.aesi-hyd.com/ and you will find all the desired details for admission PROCEDURE AND LIST OF COLLEGES IS AS MENTIONED BELOW:
Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai 400076 (Maharashtra) - http://www.aero.iitb.ac.in/home/
IIT, Kharagpur 721302 (WB)
Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai 600036 (Tamil Nadu)
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai 600044 (Tamil Nadu)
Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology, 40 GST Road, P.O.Box No.1306, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016 (Tamil Nadu)
Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh 160011
IIT, Kanpur 208016 - http://www.iitk.ac.in/aero/
Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014 (Bihar)
Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507
VSM Aerospace, Chelekere Village (Near Kammanahalli), Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka)
Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka) - http://www.hindustanacademy.com/
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 179, Kalidas Road, Dehradun 248001 (Uttaranchal)
10th February 2010, 01:14 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

You can get the information related to the aeronautical engineering from the below sites:
en.allexperts.com › Aeronautical Engineering
www.aeronautics.hut.fi/english/pgtkkguide_05_v3.pdf
ezinearticles.com/?Aeronautical-Engineering-Institutes&id
10th February 2010, 11:02 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

to get admission in aeronautical , The Candidate should have passed 10+2 for admission in graduation Program from any recognized Board.
For Admission in Post graduate program the Candidate Should have passed Gradate degree from any recognized university.

for more information about exams please visit-

edudiary.com/entrance/iaf-aeronautical-engineering-officers-exam-2010/.
10th February 2010, 04:16 PM
balamurgan.g

prepare well for GATE exam its enough............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
10th February 2010, 06:08 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

aeronautical is a good option for doing post graduation ..
For M.tech aeronautical engineering you have to undergo entrance test like gate tancet
5th May 2010, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE VALID AVIATION COLLEGES IN RAJASTHAN.
10th December 2010, 07:11 PM
lavanyaratala

For mtech you have to attend for entrance exams,,,,,,,there will be diff exams for diff institutions
18th January 2011, 06:59 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Dear,
to get admission in aeronautical , The Candidate should have passed 10+2 for admission in graduation Program from any recognized Board.
For Admission in Post graduate program the Candidate Should have passed Gradate degree from any recognized university.

for more information about exams please visit-

edudiary.com/entrance/iaf-aeronautical-engineering-officers-exam-2010/.

Thanks and best of luck.
28th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I want to know about admision n course theorm
10th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
My Gate Score will be very less i will score 20 out of 100... But i have to make career in mtech and only in Aeronautical Branch.. Is it possible to take admission in any college for Mtech?
13th April 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

im a graduate in bsc in nautical tech. nd wana study aerospace tech. nd engineering of it. please guide me nd lemme know the prosedure
17th May 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am currently doing B.tech with computer science branch, but i want to make my career in field of aeronautical. so how can get admission in any of the aeronautical institute.??? is there any entrance exam?? what it's criteria?
30th May 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in aeronautics with out gate exam in top colleges in india
28th June 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

pls tell abt MS courses connected with aeronautical engineering......i am doing my BE aeronautical engineering
2nd August 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

hi. i m in 2nd year mechanical engg. i want to do postgraduation in aeronautical.so what all to do..???
are there any exams to be given..?
what is the % criteria..??
what is the admission procedure..!
can u plz give me the cut off list of different colleges..???[/QUOTE]
3rd August 2011, 01:01 AM
Sehwag6

Post graduation in aeronautical means i think you choose mtech. For this course you must write entrance exam that is graduation aptitude test in engineering(GATE) . The eligibilities of gate is:- finished your graduation in engineering and then apply. No age limit for this exam. Best of luck
5th August 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

can any one tell me how to get seat in m-tech aeronautical engg in reputed colleges in india..now i am doing b-tech electrical engg.....pls guide me
26th October 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

i am doing 3rd year aeronautical engineering(B.E).what jobs do i get after the course? what are the higher studies that i can do after this?
22nd January 2012, 12:55 AM
aspire007

You have selected a good option.

For M.tech (aeronautical engineering) you have to crack entrance's for it,followings are some of India's best institutes for persuing M.tech (aeronautical engineering):-

IIT's :- admission is based on valid GATE scores.GATE (graduate amplitude test for engineering) is combinedly conducted by IIT's & IISC for admission to various M.tech programs of engineering.Eligibility criteria- the candiadate must have passed B.tech/B.E. with atleast 60% aggregate including all semeters.For more detalis you can vist official website of any IIT.

IISC,Banglore: same as above.

Anna university:- admission is based on valid TANCET scores.For more details you can visit its official website- http://www.annauniv.edu

Hindustan university,banglore: it conducts its own entrance for it,and also offers direct admission and scholarship to meritorious students.For more detail official website-http://www.hindustanuniv.ac.in
12th August 2014, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Is there any MSc PhD entrance exam for aeronautics?? How can I apply??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?