5th June 2017, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for Indian Navy being a girl after completion of 12th in biology group?

I am girl I am completed 12th in biology group I want to to be join navy, so how can I apply for Indian navy job? Can you please give me the complete information on the same which I need to follow next? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for Indian Navy having secured 48% in 12th?
  2. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completing 12th with Biology?
  3. Am I eligible for Indian navy or merchant navy after 12th with PCB?
  4. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
  6. Am I eligible to get a job in the Indian Navy after completing intermediate with Biology?
  7. How to join Indian Navy in mechanical field? I am a student of BSc 2nd year with PMS Group
  8. How can I join Indian Navy if completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English?
  9. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for B.Sc honors in Biology after completion of 12th standard?
  10. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  11. Can a girl join Indian navy after 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the procedure followed to apply for Indian CDC after completion of 12th standard?
  13. How can I join in Indian Navy after passing 12th? I am a girl studying in 12th science
  14. What should I do after completion of 10+2 to join Navy and Air Force being a girl?
  15. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after completion of 12th with PCMB group?
  16. How can a girl join the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (non medical)? What steps should be followed to join the Indian Navy?
  17. How can a girl candidate join Indian Navy after graduation in Biotechnology? Placement scenario for students who have done graduation in biology, physics, maths or B.E
  18. Procedure to join Navy after completion of B.Tech being a girl?
5th June 2017, 03:50 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Indian Navy being a girl after completion of 12th in biology group?

No, you are not eligible because the candidates should be complete their 12th class having physics and maths as their main subjects from any recognised board. The eligibility and types in Indian navy are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- You should be citizen of India.
1. Logistics/ works (for male candidates only):
- Any graduation degree (B.Com/ M.Com/ BA/MA (economics)/ BBA/MBA/ BBM/MBS/ BCA/MCA/ B.Sc/M.Sc from IT/ BE/B.Tech) with minimum 60%.
For works: BE/B.Tech from civil engineering or B.Arch.
- Vision: 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glass.
-Height:
Male: 157Cms
- Weight: It should be proportional to height.

2. Education (for male & female candidates):
- You need have a degree from MSc physics/ MSc chemistry/ MSc maths/ MA English or history/ MCA (physics or maths at graduation).
- Vision: 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glass.
- Height:
Male: 157 Cms
Female: 152 Cms

3. ATC (for male & female candidates):
- You need have a degree from B.Sc in physics or maths or Electronics/ M.Sc in physics or maths or Electronics
- Vision: 6/9, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glass.
- Height:
Male: 157 Cms
Female: 152 Cms

- No color blindness and night blindness.
5th June 2017, 05:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Indian Navy being a girl after completion of 12th in biology group?

No, girls are not eligible to join Indian Navy after 12th std and not eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for NDA entrance examination is only male candidates who have passed 12th with PCM and age limit between 16.5-19.5 years are eligible to appear for examination.

Also for recruitment in Navy after bachelor degree candidates passed bachelor degree in technology or engineering are only eligible.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2017, 06:07 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy being a girl after completion of 12th standard in Biology group from a Government recognised board. To join Indian Navy, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Only unmarried male candidates​ who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining Indian Navy. So, being a girl candidate after completion of your 12th standard with Biology group, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
5th June 2017, 10:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

First thing that I would like to mention you that being girl you are not eligible to join Indian Navy. Because to join Indian Navy a candidate must have completed 12th standard with non medical stream and has to qualify NDA exam. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA examination.

But you can appear in CDS exam after completing your graduation from a recognised University with mathematics as compulsory subject. But you are from Biology group so you are not eligible to appear in CDS exam even after your graduation.
6th June 2017, 12:16 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can apply for Indian Navy after completion of your graduation through CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC. You can apply only for Short Service Commission. Graduate in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for this exam. Thanks
6th June 2017, 10:35 AM
help100%

Its good to see that you want to join one of the prestigious institution and serve the nation, normally to become officer in Indian navy is quiet tough due its competitive level and strict scrutiny. Lets break the service into 2 parts i.e. permanent service commission (PSC) and short service commission(SSC) and currently females are inducted in SSC on further instruction PSC may be granted, and the branches which inducts females are education, executive and engineering.

Under SSC, the departments induct females officers in Executive , Engineering and Education are :
-Naval Architecture(University Entry Scheme)
-ATC (Recruitment notification)
-Observer
-Law
-Logistics
-Education

In the above mentioned department the permanent commission can be granted on law, education and naval architecture. Hope the above mentioned explanation cleared all your doubts and satisfies you in the above mentioned query.
6th June 2017, 08:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join the Indian Navy then you can apply for the CDS exam.

Eligibility for CDS Exam:-

Graduation in Science from a recognised University.

Age limit is 19 to 23 years.

You must be physically as as well as mentally fit.

You must be Indian.

If you want to apply for the CDS exam then you can apply through online through the UPSC website.

www.upsconline.nic.in

Procedure of the CDS Exam:-

Written Exam

SSB interview

Medical Test.
7th June 2017, 02:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate having completed your Class 12th with Biology group you are not eligible to join Indian Navy as for this wing as well as for joining Indian Air force as a commissioned officer as for these you need to have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics group.

But you can join Indian Army as a commissioned officer through NDA ( National Defence Academy ) by qualifying NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year.

For your information I would like to let you know that you can become a doctor in all the three wings of defence services by pursuing MBBS degree course from AFMC ( Armed Forces Medical College) by qualifying NEET.

For details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding NEET and admission procedure of AFMC you can log on to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in and www.afmc.nic.in
25th March 2019, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a girl , and have appeared std 10th this year. How can I joint indian navy.
Sir can you even suggest a good college for my career..
1st April 2019, 11:26 AM
Quikri

Indian Navy recruits at the 12th level and the graduate level.
At the 12th Level NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the candidates who have completed 12th from a recognised Indian board with PCM as the subjects and over 60 percent in each subject can apply.

But a girl can not apply for the NDA even if you have all the prescribed qualifications.
So the next option left to you is CDS which is conducted at the graduate level and it is conducted in the same manner by UPSC where the first exam is a written test and the next level is SSB
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?