27th November 2017, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 10th standard?

Hello Sir, I am Pruthvirajsinh, I am going to complete 10th Class. My dream is to become a Loco Pilots in Indian Railways. Please tell me how can I become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways? I need your Guidance on this to proceed further. Thank you!

29th November 2017, 08:31 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 10th standard?

To become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways, you have to apply for RRB Loco Pilot examination. To be eligible to apply for RRB Loco Pilot examination, you should have passed ITI or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Automobile Engineering course from a Government recognised Institute. The age criteria required to apply for Loco Pilot examination is 18 to 28 years. So, you have to pursue ITI or Diploma course to be eligible to apply for Loco Pilot job.

29th November 2017, 10:14 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 10th standard?

To become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways, you must have completed ITI in any specific trade like Fitter or Electrician.

Diploma holder candidates of mechanical/automobile/electrical or electronics branch are also eligible to apply for Loco Pilot job.

Your age must be between 18 to 30 years to be eligible for the job.

Firstly, Written Exam will be conducted and then Personal Interview will be conducted for final selection of loco pilot job.

29th November 2017, 11:36 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The competitive entrance examination for Locopilot is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board. The essential requirement for this examination is:

Academic qualification:

Minimum qualification required is 10th from a recognized board. ITI in any trade is compulsory. Other than this candidate who have done diploma in engineering are also eligible for the exam.

Age criteria:

The age limit is 18-30 years. You can get upper age relaxation if you belong to reserved category.

29th November 2017, 12:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

RRB ( Railway Recruitment Board ) conducts entrance examination for recruitment of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

The minimum eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed diploma course from a recognised institute,

The age limit is 18-30 years.

So, you have to pursue diploma course to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in written, physical and interview.

Candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final recruitment. For detail information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.

29th November 2017, 05:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted for recruitment of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

The required minimum qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed their diploma/ITI from a recognised institute.

The age limit is 18-30 years.

So, you have insufficient qualification to appear in examination. To get detail information about selection procedure visit at http://www.rrb.gov.in

29th November 2017, 07:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The procedure to become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways is to crack competitive entrance examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board. The minimum qualification required to apply for Loco Pilot is that candidate must have done 10th and ITI in any trade.

After secondary board education, you should first do ITI in any stream. Otherwise, you can also pursue diploma in engineering to become eligible for Loco Pilot examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?