9th April 2017, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to give Indian Statistical Service exam conducted by UPSC?

Sir/Mam I want to give the exam ISS (Indian statistical service) but I don't know much about it sir can u help me out of it, What is the procedure followed for it? Can you please guide me with the complete steps which I have to follow? Awaiting to get the response.

15th April 2017, 07:40 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Procedure to give Indian Statistical Service exam conducted by UPSC?

UPSC conducts Indian Statistical Service exam every year. You are interested to know about the procedure that has to be followed for this.

**Visit to the official website ie. www.upsconline.nic.in

**Then click on ‘Apply online for IES/ISS Exam’.

**Fill the application form i.e Part I with relevant details. After submitting it you will get a registration number and password to your registered mobile number.

**Using this you have to login again and fill the Part II of the application form in which you have to fill your basic details, educational details, exam center etc.

**After this you have to submit it. You will then opt for payment of online application form. Pay the application fee using debit card or credit card. After payment of fee your application form is generated.

**Take print out of the application form for future reference.

>>If you want to know the exam pattern, duration of exam, level of difficulty of exam then you can go through the previous year question paper which is easily downloaded form its official website whose link is provided below.

**Link:http://www.upsc.gov.in/examinations/question-papers
15th April 2017, 10:05 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to give Indian Statistical Service exam conducted by UPSC?

Procedure required to be followed for giving Indian Statistical Service Examination conducted by UPSC:

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts several recruitment examination's and one of them is "Indian Economics and Statistical Service Examination".

The basic educational qualification required to apply for this recruitment is,

>> Post Graduate or Master's Degree in any one of the below mentioned streams.

* Applied Statistics

* Statistics

* Mathematical Statistics

>> Minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years in order to be eligible

>> Basically there are two papers and they are Paper I and Paper II

>> Part I :-
* General Studies - 100 Marks
* General English - 100 Marks
* Statistics I - 200 Marks
* Statistics II - 200 Marks
* Statistics III - 200 Marks
* Statistics IV - 200 Marks

>> Part II: Interview - 200 Marks

>> You can apply online for this recruitment from the link given below or from official website of UPSC. So I suggest you keep visiting the site for Notification Issue and other details.

Click here for More Details
16th April 2017, 12:30 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> Indian Statistical Service Examination is held once every year by UPSC and the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 30 years by the 1st August of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Economtrics from a recognized university. Students having bachelor's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized university are also eligible.

This year the examination is scheduled to be held on 12th May 2017.

For more details and updates about same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?