26th September 2016, 03:13 PM
bidgar samadhan

Process of admission in Merchant Navy? Fees and Physical fitness?

I am student of 3rd year mechanical branch, and i am interested in merchant navy after completion, i want to join merchant navy. Please give the information of admission process, fees and physical fitness.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the physical fitness for Merchant Navy?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. How to prepare for Merchant Navy job while studying BE Electrical engineering? Eligibility and physical fitness required for it? -- [New]
  4. Can a 22 years old student apply for Merchant Navy job? Physical fitness required for it?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  6. How to do Nautical Engineering after 12th?
  7. Is there any need for the entrance exam for marine engineering?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after 12th Commerce? What kind of fitness is required? Is there job guarantee?
  9. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  10. What is the physical as well as educational requirement to join Merchant Navy?
  11. What should I do to join Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the physical and education criteria?
  12. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  13. How can I become a Merchant Navy after completing B.Com? What is the Physical criteria required?
  14. How to get admission in Merchant Navy after studying in class 12th in medical
  15. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  16. Physical and educational requirements to join Merchant Navy?
  17. Fees structure and chances of placements in Merchant Navy for B.E candidate in Mechanical?
  18. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
26th September 2016, 11:44 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Process of admission in Merchant Navy? Fees and Physical fitness?

The Merchant Navy is a great career option after 12thTo join merchant you need to crack the All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) that is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited.

The eligibility is varying from post to post.If you are applying for the officer level jobs in navigational and engineering fields you would have to pursue Bachelors course in nautical science or Marine engineering.

Physical standard required:-

**Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms

**Eye-Sight:6/6 without glasses,
No color Blindness.
27th September 2016, 01:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidgar samadhan View Post
I am student of 3rd year mechanical branch, and i am interested in merchant navy after completion, i want to join merchant navy. Please give the information of admission process, fees and physical fitness.
To join Merchant Navy, you will have to pursue any one of the following course:
  • B.Tech Marine Engineering
  • Diploma in Nautical Science
  • MBA Shipping and Logistics
  • B.E Marine Engineering
  • B.Sc Nautical Science
  • M.E Marine Engineering
  • B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building

Now, as you will be completing your B.Tech in Mechanical, so you can appear for 1-year Marine Engineering Course, Graduate Marine Engineer(GME) and become eligible for joining Merchant Navy.

Admission to merchant navy is based on Written Test, Screening Test, Interview and Medical Test.

Fee Details for Merchant Navy:
  • Pre Sea Training for Deck Cadets - Rs 253500.00
  • Pre Sea Training for General Purpose - Rs 153500.00

Physical Fitness required for Merchant Navy is similar to defence exams like NDA, CDS Exam of Navy.

Salary packages offered to TS Chanakya or MERI graduates is approximately Rs.10k to Rs.15k per month. Abroad candidates get packages upto $1500 to $2500.
21st September 2019, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

I have to pay fee after passing entrance?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?