23rd May 2019, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Which qualification do I need in order to become a Commerce Professor?

I have completed my 2nd year in the field of B.Com and I want to become a Professor. So, what procedure is required? And which subject should I select for my 3rd year in B.Com which will benefit me in the future? And, what should I study after completion of B.Com?

28th May 2019, 08:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which qualification do I need in order to become a Commerce Professor?

To be an Assistant professor or lecturer of commerce, you need to complete your Master's degree course in Commerce stream with at least 55% marks from a recognized university and then you need to qualify NET/SET with commerce as your concerned paper.

So, being a 2nd year student of B.Com degree course, you are required to first complete your B.Com degree course followed by M.Com degree course and then qualify NET/SET examination to become a professor or lecturer of any recognized university.
29th May 2019, 09:01 AM
LegendKiller99

Default Re: Which qualification do I need in order to become a Commerce Professor?

To become a commerce professor:

<> You should have a bachelor's degree in commerce with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

<> Then you should apply for the postgraduate program and score at least 55%, since it is the minimum eligibility to appear for the NET (National Eligibility Test)- the qualifying examination for teaching in a college.

<> For recruitment as professors in universities or institutions, it is mandatory to clear NET (National Eligibility Test). Usually, NET is conducted by the UGC (University Grants Commission) twice in a year June & December every year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?