19th February 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

In which semester of my Engineering course, I can attend for GATE Exam?

At which semester of engineering we want to attend gate exam?

Related Questions:
  1. If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?
  2. Can I just attend for Campus Placements for experience in my 7th semester of Engineering having interest to pursue higher studies? What will happen if I get selected will not join?
  3. How to crack GATE exam? I am a student of 5th semester
  4. In which stream do I need to attend the GATE entrance exam? Can I attend it in computer science and engineering?
  5. Am I eligible for WIPRO, TCS, Infosys MNC companies
  6. Is there any counseling to attend for GATE to get selected in M.Tech?
  7. Can I attend GATE exam if I am 6th semester telecommunication branch student?
  8. Procedure to apply for GATE for B.E 4th semester student?
  9. Can I attend GATE Exam being a candidate of B.Sc?
  10. Am I eligible to attend GATE 2015?
  11. How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am a student of electronics and communication engineering of 3rd semester
  12. Appearing for GATE Exam with pending backlogs
  13. In which semester of Engineering Diploma course I will get admission if appearing in Diploma CET after completing 2nd PUC Science?
  14. Previous years question papers for GATE exam? i am interested in pursuing higher studies and want to attend the GATE exam
  15. Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE during my 6th semester to study M.E./M.Tech? -- [New]
  16. Can I be eligible to attend for Accenture after passing final year B.E
  17. How many chances I am going to have for GATE Exam having applied for upcoming GATE Exam and will not be attending?
  18. Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
19th February 2012, 11:35 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which semester of my Engineering course, I can attend for GATE Exam?

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exam will be conducted by GATE Committee which consists of Professional people from Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

Candidates who are interested to join M.Tech course after completion of their B.Tech course will opt for this exam.

Depending upon the performance of the candidate in the GATE Exam, he will be given admission to this M.Tech course in the respective college.

Here is the required eligibility criteria that a candidate should possess to be eligible for this exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university. (Engineering course should of 4 years after completion of 10+2).

-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to appear for this exam.

-Candidates who have completed Masters degree in Science / Mathematics/ Computer Application/ Statistics are also eligible to take up this exam as well as the candidates who are pursuing final year with these courses are also eligible.

-There is no specific age criteria required for the candidate to be eligible for this exam. So, one can appear for this exam at any age if he fulfill the academic criteria.

-In addition to this, there is no limit on the number of attempts for this exam. Hence, one can appear for this exam as many times as he wanted.

-The validity of GATE score card is for 2 years. In the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score card whichever is better to get admission for this course.

Many of the questions in GATE Exam are from the syllabus that you have gone through in your B.Tech course.

So, try to be strong enough in subject knowledge of various subjects of your B.Tech course.

Ultimately, what I would like to say you is, you can appear for GATE Exam in the 7th semester of your Engineering course as well as after completion of your Engineering course.

For complete information on this Exam, you can visit
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
19th February 2012, 11:42 AM
arpitachouksey

Default Re: In which semester of my Engineering course, I can attend for GATE Exam?

Hello,GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) are for all graduates,who want to go further studies ,so final year of engineering and graduates(engineers) are eligible for that.
19th February 2012, 11:47 AM
farooq123

Cool Re: In which semester of my Engineering course, I can attend for GATE Exam?

I want to study more after Bsc Civil on scholarship, which exam i have to give !
19th February 2012, 01:44 PM
sulemanpathan

Thumbs up Re: In which semester of my Engineering course, I can attend for GATE Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At which semester of engineering we want to attend gate exam?
hi sir
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exam will be conducted by GATE Committee which consists of Professional people from Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

Candidates who are interested to join M.Tech course after completion of their B.Tech course will opt for this exam.

Depending upon the performance of the candidate in the GATE Exam, he will be given admission to this M.Tech course in the respective college.

Here is the required eligibility criteria that a candidate should possess to be eligible for this exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university. (Engineering course should of 4 years after completion of 10+2).

-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to appear for this exam.

-Candidates who have completed Masters degree in Science / Mathematics/ Computer Application/ Statistics are also eligible to take up this exam as well as the candidates who are pursuing final year with these courses are also eligible.

-There is no specific age criteria required for the candidate to be eligible for this exam. So, one can appear for this exam at any age if he fulfill the academic criteria.

-In addition to this, there is no limit on the number of attempts for this exam. Hence, one can appear for this exam as many times as he wanted.

-The validity of GATE score card is for 1 years. In the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score card whichever is better to get admission for this course.

Many of the questions in GATE Exam are from the syllabus that you have gone through in your B.Tech course.

So, try to be strong enough in subject knowledge of various subjects of your B.Tech course.

Ultimately, what I would like to say you is, you can appear for GATE Exam in the 8th semester of your Engineering course as well as after completion of your Engineering course.
But you can try for the preparation or also attemp in 6 sem also useful for you.
All the best for your future.
For ant doubts go to any IIT web site.

For complete information on this Exam, you can visit
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/semester-my-engineering-course-i-can-attend-gate-exam-628468.html#ixzz1mo7ZdYDI
19th February 2012, 04:10 PM
ankitkrmishra

GATE is Graduate aptitude test for Engineers, and this paper is conducted by IIT's.
Some of the IIT's can take this exam eligibility as also for third year student but some IIT's has only eligible to final year students.
GATE score is valid for two years so this paper is also for Third year appearing student.
But you can check the eligibility criteria for GATE exam when you applied for this.
19th February 2012, 04:55 PM
ravi6

hello dear,

you can attend GATE exam in last year.If you are apearing in 7th or 8th semester you can do it.so keep ready.

REGARDS
ravi6
19th February 2012, 07:04 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.....
The details eligibility criteria for GATE exam ......

For more details you can see below chart from where you can get details information of your carrier.

Good luck..........
19th February 2012, 07:46 PM
tamaka

Arrow Re: In which semester of my Engineering course, I can attend for GATE Exam?

u can apply for GATE exam in your final year of engineering
19th February 2012, 08:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

In your final semester of your Engineering you can attend GATE.

GATE-GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is an examination conducted by IIT for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs, BITS etc.

The candidate having B.Tech. degree in any discipline is eligible to apply for GATE. There is no specific age restriction for appearing GATE and thereis also no restriction to number of attempts to GATE exam.

The selection is based on the GATE scoring for admission to M.Tech. courses.

For further information you may log on to www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?