1st April 2019, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in both JEE Main and Advance for studying BTech in IIT being a Diploma student?

Sir, I have completed my 12th with PCM stream. I am currently studying Diploma in Electrical Engineering. After completing my Diploma course I want to do BTech in IIT. So, I just want to know that I have to appear in both JEE Main and Advance?

3rd April 2019, 07:27 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in both JEE Main and Advance for studying BTech in IIT being a Diploma student?

Yes, definitely. You will have to qualify both JEE Main and JEE Advanced exam to be eligible for taking admission into IITs.

Note that JEE Main exam is gateway to NITs and IIITs while JEE Advanced exam is gateway to IITs only.

So, you must qualify both the exams with good ranks, then only you will get admission to any IIT.

Also, note that you can appear for JEE Advanced exam only if you have qualify JEE Main Exam.
15th June 2019, 02:49 PM
Deepanshu3010

Default Re: Should I have to appear in both JEE Main and Advance for studying BTech in IIT being a Diploma student?

Since, the admission in IITs is based on the marks of JEE advanced so you have to
appear in both the exam to get a seat in the IITs.
First of all you have to qualify JEE mains only then you are eligible to apply for JEE advanced.

I hope you get it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?