29th April 2015, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Should I prepare for NET or do any other course after doing M.Sc in CS?

Sir ,
I complete my m.sc(cs) from singhania university ,rajasthan and I got lateral entry for my degree because I completed my o level and a level from nielit. So I just want to know what I do I prepare for net exam or any other course.

Thanking you

Regards

Vivek Tripathi

30th April 2015, 09:01 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prepare for NET or do any other course after doing M.Sc in CS?

Yes, you can apply for NET.

National Eligibility Test (NET) for college & university level lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals. It is conducted twice in a year by UGC .

Eligibility criteria for National Eligibility Test (NET)

Those who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible to apply for NET exam.

There is no upper age limit for Ph.D but for lectureship as you must not be above 28 years in age.

For more details: http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/welcome.aspx
30th April 2015, 12:19 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I prepare for NET or do any other course after doing M.Sc in CS?

If you want to enter teaching field then you must prepare for NET entrance test because NET is the only choice of candidates who are willing to enter the teaching industry and make their career brighter from the post of Lecturer or Assistant Professor or Associate Professor and if you are interested then you should also start preparation.

If you appear for NET test then you should have a master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and must have scored minimum 55% marks in master's degree.

There is no particular age bar decided that is why you can apply.

A candidate qualifying in NET - National Eligibility Test becomes eligible to apply for Lecturer/ Assistant or Associate Professors recruitment in government colleges/ schools.

When you apply for the job, the concerned board watch your complete educational background and scores secured by you in NET test and if they find you eligible then they call you for interview process.

Interview is the only task that you need to clear at once after passing NET test and it is not so tough task, you should have knowledge of the subject which is asked in interview with other questions and if you clears then you get the job which you apply for.

NET is conducted twice a year and if you want to prepare well to qualify seriously then you must join any good coaching center because coaching center will guide you enough about this examination and how to prepare and how to qualify the test with good marks so find a better coaching and start giving time.

If possible then find a nearest university and get admission in PhD in CS because PhD will be more useful in future to get promoted and jobs easily in this field and if you could not qualify in NET /SET test but passed PhD then also you can become Assistant Professor or Lecturer in government schools/ colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?