7th March 2019, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Which stream in Intermediate has broader scope? Arts or Commerce?

Hi, I have completed my 10th and wants to take admission in 11th. I'm not interested in Science subjects and Mathematics. So, how about taking either of Arts or Commerce stream? Which stream has more wider options available for further graduate degree courses?

12th March 2019, 10:51 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream in Intermediate has broader scope? Arts or Commerce?

As per my suggestion, you should go for the Commerce stream in your 11 and 12th class rather than arts stream.

BEST COURSES AFTER 12TH COMMERCE

1. Bachelors of Business Administration

2. Bachelor of Management Studies

3. Bachelors of Commerce

4. Chartered Accountancy

5. Company Secretary
13th March 2019, 11:44 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Both the streams in it's ways are good as they have a wider scope
1 )By selecting arts stream you can become a teacher ,advocate ,fashion design and many more
2) In commerce you can go in finance field ,CA,business management
But in commerce also you will have to deal and study with mathematics
14th March 2019, 07:07 AM
S.Panicker

There is simple Math in the commerce stream, so if you want to avoid Math then you will have to opt for Commerce. However the maths in the commerce stream is simple profit and loss and that kind of doable math, no algebra or geometry, so do think about doing Commerce as there is much more scope once you do commerce.
You can always switch to Arts in graduation if you do not like commerce, but once you take Arts you can not switch to any other stream. I would advice you to go through old text books and get a feel of the subjects offered in both the streams before deciding.
Most important factor is your Interest, take up a stream only if you like and find the subjects interesting.
14th March 2019, 06:02 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Both Arts and Commerce stream have plethora of opportunities.

Students from both streams have achieved greater heights in career. You are free to choose any stream of your choice.

You should decide your career goal and then select stream at 12th level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?