12th April 2019, 10:32 AM
Parmeetbhamrah

Which stream should I opt for Intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

Hello Sir, I am 10th passed out student and I want to become an IAS Officer. But now I am really confused about choosing the stream in Intermediate which would be most appropriate for it. Please help me to figure out this problem.

13th April 2019, 10:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt for Intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

There is no restriction to choose subjects in 12th Civil Services Exam.

You can choose either science or commerce stream which ever you want depending on your interest .

Additionally, the graduation course can also be chosen depending on your interest.

All the bachelor courses BTech, BCom, BA, BSc, B Pharma etc candidates are eligible to appear for IAS exam.

There will three stages for cracking IAS exam.
Preliminary exam
Mein exam
personal interview.
13th April 2019, 11:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt for Intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

In order to be an IAS officer, candidate must have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline from a recognised University so you can pursue your intermediate in any stream in which you are interested.
13th April 2019, 11:15 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Which stream should I opt for Intermediate to become an IAS Officer: -

To be an IAS officer in future, one need to be graduate from valid University. Age must be in between 21 to 32 years. You can choose any subject to which do you think is it easy for you because to become IAS officer there are no hard and fast rules. Select the subjects in which you have deep interest.
13th April 2019, 11:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that for becoming an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Also, the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now, as far as you concerned about the selection of stream for your further studies after completion of your Class 10th to become an IAS officer, then I would like to let you know that the same is completely dependent of your personal strength and interest as on analyzing the selection rate for candidates with different optional stream/ subjects is comparable and hence no subject has complete edge over the other.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th April 2019, 11:48 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any stream in which you are interested because in order to be an IAS officer, a candidate who has completed graduation in any stream from a recognised university is eligible.
14th April 2019, 04:07 AM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

You can choose any of the streams of your choice for intermediate. There is no specific area requirement as the qualification required to become an I.A.S Officer is graduation in any stream from a recognized university. So you must select the stream in which you are good and you can excel. You can apply for I.A.S in the final year of your graduation. In the mean time as part of the preparation make sure to read newspaper regularly and keep yourself updated on the current affairs section.
14th April 2019, 10:53 AM
geethasbj994

Hello,

You can choose any stream but the most useful is humanities as it involves the study of same subjects which you will study for IAS.

The realisation of becoming a civil servant at such early age is really admirable.

Mostly the students are unaware of what they have to choose as their career at this age.

As you have decided to go for Civil services. Then go for it just now, UPSC SYLLABUS consists of Polity, History, Economy, Geography as the major subjects.

So All these subjects can be studied only and only when if you have taken HUMANITIES stream.

So go for it and make your path easier to UPSC CSE.

Good Luck
14th April 2019, 01:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The examination for becoming Indian Administrative Services officer is Civil Services examination. This examination clearly mentions in eligibility that any graduate candidate can apply for this examination.

It is not dependent upon any stream. If you are graduate then you can apply. Stream should be selected on candidate's own interest. Select the stream in which you have interest without any hesitation.
14th April 2019, 11:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on discipline of intermediate or bachelor degree to appear for examination.

So, you are eligible to select any stream to become eligible to appear for the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 01:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer etc.

Candidates passed or in the final year of bachelor degree are eligible to appear for the examination and there is no limitation on the discipline of bachelor degree to appear for the examination.

So, you can select the stream in intermediate according to your choice. The examination is conducted in three stages. To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 10:05 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC. Further, for appearing in the same examination, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

As per my advice and analysis the stream for your Class 12th and graduation degree course should be as per your area of strength and interest as human nature suggests that one that is interesting for you will seem to be the easiest for you which might not be the easiest for someone else who is not interested in the same subject.
15th April 2019, 01:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No limitation on stream of intermediate or bachelor degree to become eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you can select the course according to your choice. But you need to do the preparation for examination with dedication, determination and devotion to qualify in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 07:32 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC

You can choose any stream but you should have graduate degree from any recognized college.
16th April 2019, 07:54 AM
Amch123

Not necessary any stream in class 12th for become IAS officer
Means all students with any stream become IAS officer
12th August 2020, 09:14 AM
deepikapandey9999

There is no particular stream to become an IAS officer. So you can choose anything you like.

But if you take up a stream in school or college related to any optional subject, then this might be an advantage to you.
This is because you would have already studied that subject for 5 years and you would have a better understanding and knowledge of the subject by the time you write your civil service exams.
For example, take arts in school and then do a bachelor in history or economics or sociology or any such subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?