29th August 2020, 07:35 PM
Rsithanandan1979

Which stream and subject combination is needed in Intermediate to study a degree course in Astrophysics?

Now, I am studying in 10th and will be writing my 10th Board exams in the upcoming session. I am interested to take Astrophysics. So, which stream and subject combination should I opt in 11th and 12th? And, how much marks I should score in 10th and 12th to study Astrophysics degree courses from a good college?

31st August 2020, 01:24 AM
ayushii08

Default Re: Which stream and subject combination is needed in Intermediate to study a degree course in Astrophysics?

*B.Sc. in Astrophysics is a three year undergraduate course.

*Eligibility criteria is 10+2 with physics, chemistry and maths.
Minimum aggregate score of 50% with maths and physics as main subjects.

*Most colleges take admission on the basis of merit while some colleges conduct entrance examinations for admission. So you should score in 90% because the cut off of good colleges is always high.
31st August 2020, 02:02 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which stream and subject combination is needed in Intermediate to study a degree course in Astrophysics?

You should opt PCM Combination to pursue degree course in Astrophysics.

The candidate must have studied Mathematics and Physics as the main subjects in class 12th. The candidate must have acquired a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination to pursue Astrophysics degree course.
31st August 2020, 05:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in three year bachelor degree in Astrophysics is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

The admission procedure varies with institutions. So, you can visit the official website to get detail information about the admission procedure.
31st August 2020, 06:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For Bachelor's degree in Astrophysics, the minimum academic qualification required is senior secondary board examination passed from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics.

Physics and Mathematics are necessary subjects for this course. If you want to pursue bachelor's degree in this stream, then you must select science stream with PCM subject group.

The minimum percentage of marks in most of the colleges is 60%. Higher is the percentage of marks better is the chance of getting admission in good college for this course.
31st August 2020, 08:19 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

First, you have to complete your 10+2 examination under the science stream, especially in Mathematics & Physics. After that, you can join an undergraduate course in Astronomy

So,in 11th opt for PCM as its a science background you need to score good marks (at least 65%)
You can appear for national level or institute level entrance exam.
1st September 2020, 11:53 PM
ruckshana

To take up Astrophysics in graduation you need to opt science stream in class 11th & 12th.
Yo need to choose combination of the below subjects -
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects

The minimum qualifying marks are 60% in Physics and 60% in the overall aggregate. However, you need to check the cut-off marks as it differs from college to college.
2nd September 2020, 01:36 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

The candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the qualifying exam(12th or graduation) for admission in Astrophysics course.
Admission in Astrophysics degree programme is considered on the basis of national level or institute level entrance exam.
You need to score minimum aggregate score of 50%
2nd September 2020, 09:20 PM
Ritika Ritika

You must have passed class 12th in Science stream. And you must have studied Mathematics and Physics as the main subject in 12th.

Minimum aggregate 50%-60% in qualifying examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?