21st December 2018, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit set by any government body in India for Assistant Professor?

I want to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in any university in India. I'm a PhD holder candidate however, slightly on higher side of age. So, wanted to know if there is ant age bracket set by any authorized government body of India or not defining age limit?

24th December 2018, 11:59 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is there any age limit set by any government body in India for Assistant Professor?

First thing I would like to let you know that AWS your recruitment as an Assistant Professor in any recognised university of India you are required to qualify NET/ SET/SLET examination held by concerned examination body.

Further, for your information I would like to let you know that for the post of Assistant Professor, there is no age limit in any of these examination.
24th December 2018, 02:28 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age limit set by any government body in India for Assistant Professor?

There is no age limit to appear for Assistant Professor recruitment examination. NET or SET is conducted for recruitment in government college as an assistant professor.

The required qualification to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no age limit to appear in the examination. So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear for examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?