14th January 2016, 04:26 PM
shalesh.bareilly

Is there any other benefit of NET marks if not selected in merit of fellowship and lectureship?

I qualified ugc NET exam but I got only passing marks if I will not be selected in merit of fellowship and lectureship. So what is the benefit of result? and validity of NET result is what?

14th January 2016, 08:21 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any other benefit of NET marks if not selected in merit of fellowship and lectureship?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
It is conducted by UGC(University Grant Commission) every year for lectureship and fellowship programs.
Due to some reasons which was not publicized, NET-2015 was conducted by CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) and also no update about NET-2016.

The net qualified candidates are primarily recruited at lucrative posts but due to decline in number of applicant few years ago, UGC has allowed NET qualified candidates to utilize the UGC-NET score for jobs in public sectors.
NET qualified candidates can seek for lucrative jobs as well as well as executive jobs in public sector.
14th January 2016, 10:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any other benefit of NET marks if not selected in merit of fellowship and lectureship?

National Eligibility Test scorecard is useful for:

1. For obtaining Junior Research Fellowship.

2. Used for recruitment purpose of Lectureship in various government colleges.

Other than these two things, there is no other benefit of NET scorecard. You can use it private colleges also to show that you are NET qualified.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?