15th December 2013, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

When to apple for fellowship in ICSSR? How many candidates are assessed in a year? Chances of getting selected?

Sir, i have passed the ugc-NET exam and i am a ph.d candidate under gauhati university. I would like to apply the ICSSR doctoral fellowship. Can i apply now? Can you please tell me how many candidates will they assist in this year? Are the chances for me getting selected less or more for the fellowship? The information in their website is insufficient. Please give me the details.

15th February 2023, 10:47 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: When to apple for fellowship in ICSSR? How many candidates are assessed in a year? Chances of getting selected?

The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) offers doctoral fellowships to support PhD research in social sciences. The fellowship is open to candidates who have registered for a PhD in any recognized university in India.

Regarding the number of candidates they will assist this year and your chances of getting selected, it is difficult to provide specific information as it can vary from year to year and also depend on the number of applicants and the quality of their proposals. However, you can visit the official website of ICSSR for information on the number of fellowships awarded in the previous years and their eligibility criteria.

To apply for the ICSSR doctoral fellowship, you need to submit your application online through the ICSSR website during the specified application period. You will need to provide details about your PhD research, academic achievements, and other relevant information. You will also need to submit a research proposal and a detailed budget.

It is important to note that the fellowship is highly competitive, and the selection process is based on various factors such as the academic merit of the candidate, the quality of the research proposal, and the relevance of the research to social science research in India. Therefore, it is important to prepare a strong research proposal and submit a well-rounded application to increase your chances of getting selected.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, M.Com, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?