26th February 2022, 02:27 PM
Ayushdas

Is there any problem by having a Gap in Education for further studies in USA?

Hi, these is Priya as i completed my SSC from state board after that there is a 10 years gap of my 12th exam which i have done from(NIOS). Now i am doing my BSC in computer science from Bangalore (Reva University). Now i want to go to USA for my further studies, as i want to know that is there any problem for gap in studies as well as that i completed my 12th from NIOS.

28th February 2022, 10:48 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any problem by having a Gap in Education for further studies in USA?

Study gaps are acceptable in the USA, but there are certain conditions involved in this process. Ideally, a study gap of one year is acceptable, but if it exceeds one year the study gap needs to be comprehensively justified with evidence
28th February 2022, 07:24 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem by having a Gap in Education for further studies in USA?

One year gap is allowed in Education for further studies in the USA. But if you have 10 years of gap in education then you must provide sufficient proof for the gap in education to get eligible for further studies.
28th February 2022, 08:41 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Study gap is acceptable in USA but there are certain conditions involved in this process .
Ideally a study gap of 1 year is permissible but if the gap exceeds 1 year it has to be comprehensively justified with evidence.

5 yrs or more gap us not acceptable for PG course and 2 years or more gap is not acceptable for UG course.
But it totally depends on the college and university in which one is taking admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?