25th October 2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Is there any relaxation available in JEE Main and Advanced for ST candidate?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 11th standard from Science stream. I will give JEE Main and Advanced. I belongs to a Schedule Tribe caste category. So, I want to know that if any, relaxation I'l get in JEE Main and Advanced or not?

31st October 2018, 12:56 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation available in JEE Main and Advanced for ST candidate?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical degree courses such as B.Tech/B.Arch degree course across various CFTIs such as IIT, NIT, ISM, etc.and other private engineering colleges.

Further, JEE is conducted in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

As far as you are concerned about the relaxation available for ST category candidates in case of JEE then it is mentioned below :-

1. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST category candidates and therefore to be eligible for appearing in the same examination for admissions in any CFTIs, you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 65% marks from a recognized board of education.

2. Also, there is relaxation in minimum cutoff required to qualify JEE Main or JEE Advanced due to the availability of reservation of 7.5% in case of ST category candidates.

For detailed information regarding the various relaxation offered for different category candidate under different conditions in case of JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?