1st December 2011, 02:58 PM
murugesh41

Tips and Tricks to prepare for Campus Interviews?

Hello Sir i am preparing for campus interview so please provide me some tips and tricks

Related Questions:
  1. Tips and tricks for campus recruitment preparation? How to solve the aptitude problems?
  2. Tips to prepare for Interviews for Banks Recruitment?
  3. What chances are there for me to get selected in Off-Campus Interviews being a candidate of pursuing 7th semester of ECE with 4 backlogs?
  4. How should I prepare for GRE while studying in 7th semester Mechanical Branch in Karnataka? Tips to prepare for campus interviews and aptitude tests?
  5. How to prepare for company related questions for campus interviews?
  6. How to be familiar with aptitude questions and answers?
  7. How to prepare for Campus Interviews?
  8. Tips and tricks to prepare for Bank Clerk examination? Shortcuts to solve the numerical aptitude questions?
  9. What sort of preparation should be required for a 3rd year candidate to appear for Campus Interviews? Model Aptitude Question Papers for Campus Placements?
  10. Tips to prepare well for campus placements to get job?
  11. When the Off-Campus of various IT companies will be conducted in Chhattisgarh? How to prepare for interviews? -- [New]
  12. Should I do MCS or MCA after studying in TYBCS in Ahmednagar? How to prepare for campus interviews?
  13. How should I prepare for campus interview? I have passed diploma in engineering
  14. Where should I attend if having TCS and Accenture off-campus interview on same day?
  15. Tips and tricks to solved Maths Problems?
  16. How to prepare for GATE? Tips and tricks to clear GATE? Which are the good study materials for electrical and electronics branch
  17. Tips and tricks to prepare for bank clerk examinations -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Tips to prepare for Group Discussion and Interview?
1st December 2011, 05:44 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Default Re: Tips and Tricks to prepare for Campus Interviews?

Hi,
some tips to get through the campus interviews are:
have good aptitude skills. you can improve your aptitude skills by practising more and more. use "quantitative aptitude" by RS Aggarwal to improve your aptitude skills. here you need speed. you can get the speed in solving aptitude questions only with practice.
you need to have good verbal and non verbal skills.
you should be very good at your technical skills. for this you need to study your subjects well. along with your subjects you should also have knowledge in C,C++,core java.
you should have good communication skills and should be confident while communicating.
you should be clear at your speech and should have good body language.

All the best
2nd December 2011, 02:09 AM
brijesh2970

Thumbs up Re: Tips and Tricks to prepare for Campus Interviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murugesh41 View Post
Hello Sir i am preparing for campus interview so please provide me some tips and tricks
How to Prepare for Campus Interview

A number of companies visit campus each semester to interview seniors for professional entry-level positions that start after graduation and current students for career related internships. Are you getting ready to leave your college and you are anxiously getting ready for your job search. Campus interviews can be nerve-wrecking for any student. Review the interview schedule, research company profiles, submit your resume to companies for consideration and sign-up for interviews.

Find out the nature of the Campus interview

Companies who do on-campus interviews fall into two categories: Those who have specific positions open and are looking to fill them, or those who are merely collecting more resumes. Unfortunately, it is often impossible to find out before the interview which category the company you are interviewing with falls into. Therefore, you need to find out which category the company you are talking to falls in. This can be accomplished easily by asking the interviewer whether there are specific positions the company is trying to fill. After all, if all the company wants out of the recruiting trip is some nice resumes, there is no need for the interviewee to sweat too much during the interview. The general rule of thumb is that generally the bigger the company is, the more likely the company is simply looking for resumes to put into its database.

Know the Company before you attend the Interview
Spend time to learn about the company spend minimum 30 minutes on their web site. If the company is a publicly-traded company, find out its recent news. During the interview, the interviewer would not expect the interviewee to know everything about the company, but the interviewer would expect the interviewee to know the basics of the company, such as the industry the company is in. In fact, there is nothing that turns off the interviewer more than having someone walking into an interview with no idea of what the company does. For example, if you are interviewing with Tata Motors, you should know that the company is in the car manufacturing business.

Be Energetic during Campus Interview

Interviewers, whether they are from HR or from the department you'll be working, want to recruit people who are energetic. Imagine for yourself: Would you rather have someone who is always on the go or someone who looks sleepy all the time? In addition, if a person does not show much energy during the interview, the interviewer will think, " if this person cannot get excited about an interview, how is he or she ever going to be excited about the job?" .There is one area where being energetic really pays off: Many interviewers start with the question, "Tell me about yourself." If you cannot enthusiastically talk about yourself for at least five minutes or so, the interviewer will wonder if you'll be interested in your future job for much longer.

Dress well when attending Campus Interview

We find many candidates been hurt by not properly dressed for the interview. Dress well to show professional courtesy. The interviewer is dedicating his or her time for this interview, and he/she would expect the candidate to give the interview at least an equal weight. A well-dressed candidate leaves an excellent impression and projects the image that he or she really cares about this interview. This rule applies even if you are interviewing for a company known for its casual dress policies.

Utilize career fairs at other schools

Every college's career center will want to say that it is attracting the best companies to campus. This is simply not possible, as companies have limited recruiting resources, and they will pick and choose only the colleges they feel would produce the most number of qualified candidates. What should you do if the companies you are interested in are not coming to a career fair in your college? In this case, in addition to attending your college career fairs, consider going to another college’s career fair if you feel your college career fair does not attract enough good companies. Typically career fairs are open to everyone, so do not worry about that you do not attend that particular college. Chances are good that nobody will check ID at the door, and the recruiters will always be happy to talk to you.

Be able to describe your Project thesis work in 5 minutes

This applies to the Masters and Ph.D. Candidates who have completed a thesis. The tendency for the interviewee here is to get into too much technical detail and hence spend too much time. The interviewer, however, will not be able to remember, or even understand, most of the technical details, so it's wise to leave the nitty-gritty details out. Instead, be prepared to mention what is so great about your thesis work and what you learned from it. Remember, the interviewer will remember whether you have the ability to make him understand your thesis in a short period of time, and the level of importance of your work.

Admit Your Mistakes/ When You Don't Know Something

It is usually a mistake to pretend to know something that you do not, because chances are that the interviewer will follow up with questions regarding that exact topic. If the candidate cannot answer these follow-up questions, it tells the interviewer either a) the candidate does not know his/her stuff, or b) the candidate lied about knowing the topic. Either way, it is a big turn-off.

All The Best!
27th July 2012, 07:41 PM
TanaB

Hi, you can check out this article about using interpersonal skills during an interview. I'm sure you can find lots of helpful info there.

Good luck.
2nd October 2012, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

sir ,i m preparing for get a job in software industary but i hv some problem in my communication english.so requestion sir pls provide
some trick or tips to how can i improve my communication english and how can i improve my talking style.And also provide how can i avoid the fear factor.
24th June 2013, 02:28 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* These days getting placed is not an easiest thing.

* I would suggest you some beneficial tips and tricks to crack you campus interviews and get placed in your dream concerns.

* First, the candidates will assessed based on their aptitude where you will have to be very strong.

* Just go through the R.S.Agarwall aptitude and make the concepts stronger.

* The second is to concentrate on your core subjects, may be anything, be strong in that. This round plays a very vital role in selection the candidates.

* The third round can be a ground discussion, so its advisable to go through some of the current affairs and make the points thorough.

* The final would be an HR personal interview, where in your interpersonal, behavior and communication will be assesses.

* So you should be well prepared with this. Th most general question asked here is "tell about yourself".

* So be prepared to answer the same.

* If you follows the techniques, you can really crack your campus interviews.

Best wishes :-)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?