27th September 2010, 01:46 AM
meetb_bhowmick

UGC exams eligibility based on Age Limit and Minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduation?

Hi

I am 34 years of age and have scores 52% in my post graduation,do I have the eligibility to sit for clearing UGC exams??

Thanks

27th September 2010, 05:13 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: UGC exams eligibility based on Age Limit and Minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduatuon?

Hello friend,
For candidates belonging to general candidate, the minimum marks required is 55% in the post graduation. Since you have scored more then 50% and less then 55% marks, you will be eligible for the UGC exam only in case you belong to SC/ST category because for candidates belonging to this category, the eligible marks is 50%.
27th September 2010, 07:55 AM
babydoll

Default Re: UGC exams eligibility based on Age Limit and Minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduatuon?

Hi!
Sorry!! to say that you are not eligible for the UGC exam as you have crossed the age limit and your percentage in graduation is little low.
The general eligibility criteria will be, a candidate must pass graduation with at least 55% of marks(50% in the case of sc/st/obc) and the age 28 years as on 01.06.2010 upto 5 years relaxation is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH categories and to women applicants.
27th September 2010, 04:34 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: UGC exams eligibility based on Age Limit and Minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduation?

hello dear

UGC exams eligibility based on Age Limit and Minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduation is given below

minimum qualification graduation is require to attain in the exam.

and minimum 60% marks in graduation is require to attain in the exam.

age limit is 21-29 years.

all the best..............
28th September 2010, 05:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: UGC exams eligibility based on Age Limit and Minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduation?

Candidates need an aggregate of 55% for their post graduation. However, only 50% is required for candidates belonging to categories like SC, ST, physically handicapped, visually handicapped, etc. The upper age limit for JRF (junior research followship) is 28 and there is no age limit for lectureship. For more details, please check http://www.ugc.ac.in/
2nd October 2010, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

hie
i am 26 and graduate and by the time i'll complete my P.G. i'll be 28 then at that time will i be eligible to sit for net exam.please send the reply to my mail i.d. provided
[email protected]
3rd October 2010, 01:12 AM
anisam1987

sorry you are not eligible as minimum criterion is 55%.
3rd October 2010, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

buddy u scored less than 55% in your post graduation...............so u r not eligible only eligible u belong to sc/st.......................
8th October 2010, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

IS A COMPANY SECRETARY ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR FOR UGC DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE HAS NOT DONE MASTERS?
28th November 2010, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Dear friends, Please check the informations provided in UGC site. Dont rely on the things here. There is no age limit for Lectureship. If you are interested in JRF you should be below 28 (general category )
20th December 2010, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 49.6% marks in graduation. Am i eligible for doing B.ed from ICFAI, Dehradun
24th December 2010, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

i m 34 m i still eligible for appearing for cs exams
27th December 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

i have 60% in Graduation and 50% in post graduation .My age is 36 .am i eligible for ugc test.
25th January 2011, 06:41 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

As you are 36, you are not eligible. The age limit is 21-29.
Also your pecentage is 50%, so if you were SC or ST, you could be eligible.
But unfortunately, you have crossed the age limit.
25th January 2011, 06:44 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

Your percent is more than 50% (minimum marks for SC/ST is 50%) and less than 55%
( minimum marks for general is 55%). So, if you are a SC or ST, then you may be eligible. But you have crossed the age limt (21 years to 29 years), so you are not eligible.
16th February 2011, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit of obc candidate for net exam and educational qualification ?
3rd March 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

how many Percentage require in garduation and post graduation for ugc net exam ?
11th March 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

how many percentage require in gradution and post graduation for ugc net exam?
11th March 2011, 10:33 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Dear,

For UGC exams, minimum Percentage Marks in Post Graduation = 50 %

Age Limit For UGC exams: -

1. For General candidates = 21 Years to 30 Years,

2. For OBC candidates = 21 Years to 33 Years,

3. For SC / ST candidates = 21 Years to 35 Years

Best of Luck
11th March 2011, 10:39 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Sorry you are not eligible to appear in UGC NET exam if you are a general category candidate since you neither meet the age requirement nor satisfy the educational requirement.

The UGC NET exam eligibility for general category candidate is as follows:

Age limit - Age limit is minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years.

Educational qualification - Qualification required is M.Sc. or Equivalent degree in the prescribed subjects with 55% marks.

However if you belong to SC/ST category you will get relaxation both in age limit & percentage of marks in PG. I that case you may apply.
21st March 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.com and p.g.d.c.a and my age crossing 31 years .so what type of any exam I can give ? plz help me .this is my email
address [email protected]. plz rectify my problem because my serious any kind of exam .I will wait for your reply.
7th June 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

i have scored only 57% and i belogs to the sc category,i can admission for the regular base classes,this is possible my admission go on DU colleges
17th July 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

for law students the which percentage of LL.B/ LL.M has to be 55% for general category?
2nd September 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i m kartik and my date of birth is 20-12-1993 wanna crack jrf...what is minimum age 4 ugc net and jrf exam when will i be eligible in net exam?????
2nd September 2011, 03:44 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the age limit of obc candidate for net exam and educational qualification ?
NET is stands for national eligibility test . the examination is conducted by the ugc union grands commission . i provide the details regarding net examination .

Education Qualification for NET Examination :

You should be qualified in post graduation in any stream with 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . if your belonging from sc/st or obc candidate then the relaxation is given for 50% percentage of marks .

Age Limit of NET Examination :

You should should not more then 28 years , if your belonging from the following category then the relaxation is given to you , sc/st and obc candidates for 5 years .

Syllabus for the NET Examination :

>> reasoning ability

>> comprehension

>> general awareness

The examination is conducted by various institution in our country . i list some of the university and institution for you .

List of Examination Centers for Net Examination :

>> Aligrah university

>> Banaras hindu university

>> Bangalore university

>> University fo calicut

>> University of kerala
2nd September 2011, 07:43 PM
S-R-B

ELIGIBILITY:-

Your percent is more than 50% (minimum marks for SC/ST is 50%) and less than 55%
( minimum marks for general is 55%). So, if you are a SC or ST, then you may be eligible. you age limt should in between (21 years to 29 years).
5th October 2011, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir I have finished my M.Phil degree on April 1985 in Tamil Lit. I have not written the Select Exam. Now am I eligible to work for Lecturer in Tamil at any Govt. Colleges? please reply.
3rd November 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i have finished my msc it in karnatka state open university(67%)and ma english (48%)in punjab university sir i m 24 i m eligible for the ugc exam in ma english ([email protected])
7th November 2011, 11:14 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Candidates need an aggregate of 55% for their post graduation. However, only 50% is required for candidates belonging to categories like SC, ST, physically handicapped, visually handicapped, etc. The upper age limit for JRF (junior research followship) is 28 and there is no age limit for lectureship. For more details, please check http://www.ugc.ac.in/
31st January 2012, 11:05 PM
swati_forum

Sorry!! to say that you are not eligible for the UGC exam as you have crossed the age limit and your percentage in graduation is little low.
The general eligibility criteria will be, a candidate must pass graduation with at least 55% of marks(50% in the case of sc/st/obc) and the age 28 years as on 01.06.2010 upto 5 years relaxation is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH categories and to women applicants.
8th April 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

i have 33 years old and i have passed m.com with 54% marks and mba with 68% am i eligible for net exams
30th April 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

i am 28 right now but i have scored 46% in graduation and 52% in post graduation and belong to general status, am i eligible to appear for this exam. nehra
1st October 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

respected sir. i m persuing in b.sc 2nd year. i just wana give exam of ugc.for that graduation would be enough.if not. then pls give some advice. abhishek yadav.
15th December 2012, 01:16 AM
imcoolabhishek2012

Hi dear,

Sorry you are not eligible to appear in UGC NET exam if you are a general category candidate since you neither meet the age requirement nor satisfy the educational requirement.

The UGC NET exam eligibility for general category candidate is as follows:

Age limit - Age limit is minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years.

Educational qualification - Qualification required is M.Sc. or Equivalent degree in the prescribed subjects with 55% marks.

However if you belong to SC/ST category you will get relaxation both in age limit & percentage of marks in PG. I that case you may apply.

Thanks
30th April 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

i am 32 years old can i held net exam
m
12th July 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

can we take the ugc test right after graduation?
27th October 2013, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

I am a chartered accountant and scored 64% in foundation, 56% in pe-II and 54% in ca final and aggregate comes to 56.66% combining the three years percentage. Am I eligible for UGC NET???
16th November 2013, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

I am 36 years lod and I have scored 68% marks in MBA. Am I eligible for UGC Set Exams?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?