30th June 2020, 08:54 PM
Ayeshasiddiqua

Are we eligible to pursue a Bachelor's degree course immediately after completion of Diploma?

Hello Sir, I'm Ayesha presently pursuing my 3 years regular Diploma course. Once I finish this Diploma, will I be eligible to join Bachelor's degree courses? Will I be considered for direct admission in 2nd year of degree courses based on my 3 years of Diploma course?

2nd July 2020, 07:49 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible to pursue a Bachelor's degree course immediately after completion of Diploma?

After completion of Diploma course, you can join 2nd Engineering course through lateral entry scheme by cracking the Entrance Exam.

But it is not possible to get admission into 2nd year of other Bachelor's degree courses like
-B.Sc
-B.Com
-BBA
-BCA etc.

To join all these courses, only candidates who completed 10+2 are eligible.

Hence I suggest you to join 2nd year of Engineering course with the same stream of your Diploma course so that you will be having great career scope and job opportunities.

Try to prepare for job opportunities from the 3rd year of your Engineering course.

Try attending for campus placements (on campus/off campus) and ensure you will get the job by the time you complete your Engineering course.
2nd July 2020, 01:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are we eligible to pursue a Bachelor's degree course immediately after completion of Diploma?

••• Yes, you are eligible to pursue Bachelor degree course, after completion of diploma course but as you have not mentioned that which diploma course you are pursuing hence, it would be difficult for you to guide whether you will be eligible to take admission directly in second year of bachelor degree course or not.

••• However, those students who pursue diploma course in engineering are eligible to take admission directly in Second year of B.Tech course.
2nd July 2020, 07:56 PM
jeet2porwal

Yes, You are eligible for Bachelor degree course which is called lateral entry in bachelor's .
You will join your bachelor's directly in second year.
It will be really easy for you to cop up with your mates because you have completed deploma.
So don't worry and just keep your eyes on admission process.
3rd July 2020, 11:21 AM
Edu_tech

Yeah sure, diploma holders can apply to get admission in degree courses or graduation. There are many institutes that offer lateral entry in graduation for diploma holders. But admission procedure may vary according to the institutes for which one will apply. Some engineering institutes allow direct lateral admission if candidate apply to the same branch of engineering and conduct entrance exam if apply for other branch. If you have completed your diploma in engineering, you can also apply for the AIME Certification Course(Associate Member of the the Institutions of Engineers) which is a professional certification and equivalent to B.E. degree. This course is around 4 years consists of 2 sections but diploma holders do not need to appear for some papers from Section A. Therefore, they can complete their certification in around 3 years only. As you are eligible, so please go through the course for which you have decided to apply and check the details accordingly.
3rd July 2020, 12:27 PM
Devesh.M

When you will complete your 3 years regular diploma course you will be eligible to join the Bachelor's degree course. You can take admission in 2nd year in a bachelor's degree course directly.

I'm sure because when I was persuing my Engineering 2nd year there were few students take admission directly in 2nd year.
3rd July 2020, 04:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Those candidates who have done Diploma in Engineering are eligible to pursue BTech course and they also get admission directly in second year, if they apply through LEET.
3rd July 2020, 11:57 PM
PatilJuhi12

Candidates who have passed Three Year Diploma course can surely take admission for Degree Graduation Course but it all depends on your stream of course.
There are many colleges and Universities who offers admission for graduation courses after the diploma course.
And some colleges can also offers the direct admission for second year of graduation course.
4th July 2020, 12:29 PM
OJ Khakhlari

For any graduation courses like B.sc, B.A you are eligible to join the courses. For technical courses like engineering, you will be directly considered for the second year which is called lateral entry .
Since you haven't mentioned any details about what diploma you hold and in whivh subject you want to complete your graduation, it is difficult to answer your question very specifically!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?