30th April 2017, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

What are the B.Tech options for PCB group student?

I am having PCB group. I want to be graduate in b.tech agricultural, so is it possible without having math, because I want to drop math in 12th & for b.tech agricultural. Is there any entrance exam available.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the B.Tech options for PCB group student? -- [New]
  2. What should I do after completion of 12th PCB? Options available for PCB students?
  3. What are the career options available for me after 12th PCB other than MBBS?
  4. List of best BSc Computer and Electronics colleges in Hyderabad?
  5. Which are the courses equal to B.Tech after 12th?
  6. Best options can I choose for my better future after completing 12th PCB?
  7. What are the best career options for me after passing 12th class with PCB
  8. What are the career options available for students of PCB after completing 12th
  9. List of jobs available for a 12th passed student with PCM? Is it beneficial to take Mathematics?
  10. Career options after Btech computer science if a student is not good in programming? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which one is a good option between B.Pharm and Biotech after 12th as a student of PCB? Can I take admission directly in one of them after 12th? What is the job scope in both options and how much salary is offered?
  12. How can I get admission in government medical college? I've secured 91% marks in PCB group hsc
  13. Whether PCB of NIOS Board considerable to study Engineering, Medical or Architecture? Can I do NIOS Science simultaneously with 12th Commerce?
  14. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech?
  15. Career options for PCB student other than Medicines?
  16. Eligibility to take admission in RAU for B.Tech through BCECE for PCB candidate? Placement prospects of B.Sc Agriculture in Rajendra Agriculture University?
  17. How to study B.Pharmacy being a PCB student of WBCHSE?
  18. Career options available for students of PCB apart from medical field?
30th April 2017, 04:11 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the B.Tech options for PCB group student?

B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture Engineering is an undergraduate Agricultural Engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

For this course candidate must have passed 12th class with PCM from a recognized board. The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination like Uttar Pradesh - State Entrance Examination and Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test.

BEST COLLEGE FOR YOU

=> Assam Agricultural University - AAU, Jorhat

=> Gautam Buddh Technical University - GBTU, Lucknow

=> Bhagwant University, Ajmer
30th April 2017, 04:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. The minimum qualification required for this course is senior secondary passed from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. But in case of Bachelor of Technology in agriculture both Biology and mathematics stream candidates are eligible.

Entrance exams for admission in B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering are:

Joint Entrance Examination Main.

EAMCET.

BHU Entrance exam.

BCECE etc.
30th April 2017, 04:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with PCB or PCM subject group. Board appearing candidates can also apply for examination.

>>Candidate must have minimum of 50% marks in 10+2.

There are many entrance exams conducted at national and state level. National level exam is Joint Entrance Examination Main and at state level like KEAM, BCECE, GGSIPU CET etc. You can get more details at Click Here .
30th April 2017, 05:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. PCB group candidates are eligible for Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Engineering. You can drop mathematics in 10+2, it is possible to apply for entrance examination of B.Tech in Agricultural engineering without mathematics.

2. You should have 50% marks in 10+2 board exams. There are certain entrance exams for this course.

Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination.

Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical exam.

UP State Engineering Entrance exam.

Maharashtra Common Entrance test.

For B.Sc in Agriculture, entrance exam is AIEEA conducted by ICAR.
30th April 2017, 07:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech Agriculture course after completion of your 12th standard with PCB stream from a Government recognised board. To be eligible to pursue B.Tech Agriculture course, you should have passed your 12th standard with Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech Agriculture course.
30th April 2017, 07:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech in Agriculture refers to Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture and same is a undergraduate technical degree course which is concerned with the use of technology in farming and agricultural techniques.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing B.Tech degree having pursued your Class 12th with PCB group then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for pursuing the same without pursuing your Class 12th once again with Mathematics as main subject as PCM is a minimum requirement for any technical degree course.

Further after completing your Class 12th with PCM group you need to qualify entrance examinations like AIEEA UG and State CETs for pursuing the same degree from ICAR recognized agricultural colleges.
30th April 2017, 07:41 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Having completed your Class 12th with PCB group you are not eligible for pursuing B.Tech Agriculture i.e; Agricultural Engineering as for the same Mathematics along with Physics and Chemistry are compulsory subjects.

So in order to pursue Agricultural engineering you are required to reappear in your Class 12th board examination once again but this time with Mathematics as main subject rather than Biology.
30th April 2017, 09:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

PCB group candidates are eligible for Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Engineering. It is possible without having mathematics. You can drop mathematics if you have no interest in this subject.

There are many entrance exams available for this course:

CBSE conducts Joint Entrance Examination.

Private engineering exams like BITSAT, CUSAT, SRMEEE etc.

State government engineering exam like UPSEEE, BCECE, MHCET, GUJCET etc.
30th April 2017, 10:07 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to do B.Tech agricultural for 12th standard with PCB Student.

Admission in B.tech Agricultural is taken by Engineering entrance exam which requires 12th in Non medical stream Or

12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Math

12th standard with Agricultural as one of Subject
30th April 2017, 10:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can do Bachelor's degree in Agricultural engineering without mathematics in 10+2. PCB candidates can apply for B.Tech in Agriculture engineering.

The entrance exam available for Bachelor of Technology is Joint Entrance Examination.
30th April 2017, 10:43 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural course after successful completion of 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to do B.Tech in Agricultural course is, 12th Class with the below mentioned subjects.

* Physics
* English
* Chemistry
* Biology or Mathematics

>> As you are done with Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering course.
30th April 2017, 11:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering. The duration of course is four year.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCB or PCM as main paper with minimum 50%.

Yes, you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by universities for admission in course.
30th April 2017, 11:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology you are not eligible fr pursuing B.Tech in Agriculture i.e; Agricultural Engineering as for the same you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group from a recognized board of education.

So in case you are interested in pursuing B.Tech in Agriculture then you need to appear in your Class 12th again but this time with Mathematics as main subject instead of Biology.
30th April 2017, 11:07 PM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

Minimum qualifieation to jon B. Tech Agricultural course is candidate should have passed 12th Standard in science with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics. Few of colleges give direct admission to B.Sc Agriculture and few colleges give through entrance exam.

Below entrance exams are conducted by different universities and states:
1. ICAR Entrance Exam (ICAR-AIEEA)-
2. EAMCET
3. PAU Entrance Exam
4. KEAM
5. IGKV CET

Discretion is given to colleges to fill the seats on direct admission or through entrance exam.
30th April 2017, 11:16 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am having PCB group. I want to be graduate in b.tech agricultural, so is it possible without having math, because I want to drop math in 12th & for b.tech agricultural. Is there any entrance exam available.
To pursue B.tech in agriculture, one must have studied Physic, Chemistry, Maths & Biology With at least 50% in aggregate.

So many entrance exams are there which will get you into the field of agriculture engineering.
~ BCECE 2017
~ KEAM 2017
~ KCET 2017
~ JCECE 2017
~ MP EAMCET 2017
~ MP PAT 2017
~ LPU NEST 2017
~ ICAR AIEEA 2017
~ TS EAMCET 2017
30th April 2017, 11:37 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Tech in Agriculture i.e; Agriculture Engineering is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB group you are not eligible for pursing B.tech in agricultural engineering without reappearing in your Class 12th once again with Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.
1st May 2017, 12:17 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture Engineering is:

You should have either studied 12th with PCM or PCB subjects. Students of both stream are eligible for this discipline of engineering.

You will be eligible for Joint Entrance exam or state level engineering entrance exam for admission in this course.
7th June 2019, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am tanvi I'm passed 12 th exam with 61% and i have 80.percentil in cet exam with PCB group and 37 with pcm so based on pcb group Mark's of cet can i take admission in b tech agriculture college
20th August 2019, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th sci student i chose pcb group i can btech anY Field after 12
26th October 2020, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I have given 0cb group cet but I want to do chemical engineering. So can I do chemical engineering with PCB group? Or can I do chemical engineering by bsc?
1st November 2020, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Pcb students can do b tech in agriculture after 12 th
28th November 2020, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

Can a PCB student having physics chemistry biology in 10 2std pursue agricultural engeering??
15th June 2021, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

What are the streams of B.Tech / B.E after completing 10 2 Science (PCB) ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?