9th September 2016, 03:30 PM
V!k@$ R@jput

What can I do after B.Com to become an Income Tax Officer?

I'm doing B.Com right now and its my first year. What can I do after doing B.Com to become an income tax officer? What things or activities can I do right now that would help me a lot ?

9th September 2016, 08:35 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What can I do after B.Com to become an Income Tax Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!k@$ R@jput View Post
I'm doing B.Com right now and its my first year. What can I do after doing B.Com to become an income tax officer? What things or activities can I do right now that would help me a lot ?
To become an Income Tax Officer, you should first of all enter the Income Tax Department as Income Tax Inspector or Tax Assistant. And for joining as Income Tax Inspector or Assistant you need to sit for Combined Graduate Level examination.

For appearing in Combined Graduate Level examination, following are the eligibility criteria an aspirant need to posses :

Educational Qualification: Candidate should have completed their Graduation in any discipline from any university approved by UGC.

Age Limit : Candidate minimum age should be 18 years but not more than that 27 years. Upper age is relaxed for reserved category that is 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

After that then they get promotion to the designation as a Income Tax Officer after qualifying the Departmental examination.

So, as you have mentioned that you are in 1st year of Graduation, it is essential for you to complete your Graduation first and then apply for Combined Graduate level examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?