20th July 2012, 11:12 PM
sirisha akasapu

What course should I opt for M.Tech? I am a student of ECe and interested in electronics

what course should i opt to pursue my mtech? i am student of ECE..and am interested in electronics..

21st July 2012, 07:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should I opt for M.Tech? I am a student of ECe and interested in electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisha akasapu View Post
what course should i opt to pursue my mtech? i am student of ECE..and am interested in electronics..
Since you have already completed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering I would suggest you to do post graduate course in the same branch of Engineering. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is evergeen field of Engineering. It is believed that no matter how worse is the economic condition, you will always find a job with ECE degree.

Like you said that Electronics is your preferred subject. ECE is a popular branch for students who are interested in Electronics. Even after the B.Tech degree in ECE you are eligible for job in Consumer Electronics giants in India like Videocon and LG. However the beauty of ECE is that your options are not just limited to the Electronics field.

ECE graduates are high in demand in some very strong sectors of India like Information Technology (IT), Telecom and the Public Sector Undertakings (PSU). May I say that there are more jobs for Electronics and Communication Engineers than any other branch of students in the Public Sector Undertakings

Let me point out jobs available in different sectors for the ECE graduates.

PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS (PSU)

Almost everyone wants to work in PSU. Why? because of the job security. Unlike the private companies, your job is safe in the PSU. Besides the opportunies are endless, you can work is basically every single PSU in India if have a ECE degree. No other stream of Engineering offer so many jobs in PSU as comparison to ECE. The options are:

DRDO

INDIAN RAILWAYS

BALCO

BHEL

BEL

ONGC

IOCL

NTPC

ISRO

BMRC

GAIL

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)

The $60 billion worth of IT industry in India is not behind in terms of offering jobs to ECE candidates. In fact IT industry hire more ECE than any other sector in India. And the best part is that a lot of candidates get on campus job. Infosys is leading the pack to offer on campus jobs to ECE students. However Infosys is not the only option for you in IT sector. India is home to almost every single IT company in the world therefore the opportunities are plenty.

INFOSYS

HCL

WIPRO

TECH MAHINDRA

MICROSOFT

IBM

YAHOO

GOOGLE

INTEL

HP

DELL

CONSUMER ELECTRONICS

Now lets talk about the field you are interested in. Electronics field is rapidly exanding in India. Consumer Electronics companies are posting record profits despite stiff competition. The reason is that the large middle class of India, which is growing in number by the day want TV, AC, Microwave, Refrigerators etc. This is the reason why this field is considered evergreen for Electronics and Communication Engineers.

VIDEOCON

LG

ELECTROLUX

GODREJ

SAMSUNG

ONIDA

TELECOM

One of the fastest growing sector of India is telecom. The huge slashing in tariff by the mobile operators have made Telecom among the fastest and strongest sector of India. As the connectivity is spreading in the rural India, the Telecom companies are making record profits.

AIRCEL

IDEA

VODAFONE

AIRTEL

MTNL

BSNL

RELIANCE COMMUNICATION

TATA TELE

As you can see that ECE offers you wide range of jobs in various fields. This is the reason why I recommended you to opt for M.Tech in ECE. To do so, you will have to appear in the GATE entrance exam. Your performance in GATE would decide which college will give you admission.
4th September 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What course should I opt for M.Tech? I am a student of ECe and interested in electronics

Can i pursue mtech in ece if i have done btech in IT?
11th November 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my engg in ece,know wanna opt of M.tech in CS is it possible,if yes then in gate which paper i will be appearing for?
16th December 2012, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

i am going to complete my B-Tech in ECE dep next year,I DONT know what i have learnt from that can anyone suggest me plz
31st March 2014, 11:41 PM
BharathBalla

Thumbs up Re: What course should I opt for M.Tech? I am a student of ECe and interested in electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisha akasapu View Post
it is better to choose embedded systems branch, coz.. in future every thing is automated with the help of embedded technology..
2nd April 2014, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

what courses should i opt for m.tech?I am a student of ece & intertested in telecommunications
3rd April 2014, 09:09 AM
BharathBalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my engg in ece,know wanna opt of M.tech in CS is it possible,if yes then in gate which paper i will be appearing for?
if you want to go to IT field in your mtech then you can write the CSE paper in gate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?