20th June 2011, 08:43 PM
arfath khan

What to do between MBA and PGDM? Which offers more scope and better job?

sir,iam from a b.tech computer science group,i want to do mba,but confused about either to do mba or pgdm?which offers more scope and better future,and for good job.

3rd October 2011, 02:15 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do between MBA and PGDM? Which offers more scope and better job?

It’s a good decision to do post graduation in management studies. A B.Tech along with MBA is a qualification which most of the companies look in for candidates. MBA is a post graduate course which is a university course. Where as in case of PGDM it’s a post graduate diploma degree which is not under any universities but is autonomous and needs to be approved by the AICTE. Many of the reputed B schools such as IIMs etc offer PGDM courses. MBA degree course structure is governed by the University and the exams are also conducted by the University. Hence choose any of the course according to your interest as both provide higher career scope in terms of jobs.
23rd June 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do between MBA and PGDM? Which offers more scope and better job?

Hi am working in cts i am confused whether to join mba or pgdm
30th July 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have done my BMS graduation but now I am confused between MBA,PGDM or M.comm.
1st August 2012, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

whats the difference between PGDM and MBA? which has a better scope?
26th September 2012, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.com graduation final year, which is better mba or pgdm??????
12th December 2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

after grauation by commerce stream what to do between mba or pgdm?????
30th January 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

MBA and PGDM are equivalent courses. In fact the PGDM courses are done from private institutes are more preferred as they are up to date with with the Industry standards. MBA courses on the other hand are university affiliated. <a href="http://www.ifeel.edu.in/" target="_blank">iFEEL</a> offers 2 years full-time, AICTE approved, PGDM and PGDM-BFSI courses in a world class residential campus.
19th April 2013, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

i m confused between MBA and PGDM.....which course i should join MBA or PGDM......
19th April 2013, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

should i choose general pgdm or pgdm IB.
22nd May 2013, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hey guyz...I m working as a software engineer in MNC..having 1.5 yrs of experience.And now wanted to do post graduation.
But I m litrally very confused about doing MBA and PGDM.Also I want to do these courses externally.....Is there any scope??/

Should I do it or not.Please suggest
23rd May 2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

which course is better mba or pgdm in taxation
3rd July 2013, 08:13 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

MBA is Masters of Business Communication
PGDM is post graduation diploma in Management

MBA is a degree course
PGDM is a diploma course

Job scope is good in both. You will get good jobs in both.
IIMs provide PGDM course. and IIMs are known for best placement

All the best
3rd July 2013, 10:52 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

MBA is Masters of Business Administration and PGDM is post graduation Diploma in management.
MBA is given by Universities while PGDM is given by private institute/ autonomous Institutes.

In India both have equal value and both are treated equally when it comes to Jobs.
Best institutes of India such as IIMs provides PGDM.

All the best
4th July 2013, 07:33 AM
Queries Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfath khan View Post
sir,iam from a b.tech computer science group,i want to do mba,but confused about either to do mba or pgdm?which offers more scope and better future,and for good job.
First of all some institutes provide MBA or some provide PGDM in MBA which have not much difference because both are same. Reason behind of this is that some business schools are institute and they are not able to provide the MBA degree certificate because this is a degree, so they provide the PGDM.

And may be you not know most reputed institutes in our India provide the PGDM certificate like JBIMS, Mumbai, Welingkar, MDI, SPJAIN, Mumbai etc.

So, its nothing matter but choose only reputed institute otherwise you will be not get the placement offers.
4th July 2013, 12:49 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfath khan View Post
PGDM stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management & MBA Stands for Master of Business Administration.Both course are of same duration that is of 2 years.Basic difference between PGDM and MBA are :
  • PGDM degree is offered by the Autonomous body.
  • MBA degree is offered by the University.
  • PGDM syllabus is prepared by the Autonomous body as per Market demand and Environment.
  • MBA syllabus is prepared by the University as per its Infrastructure and resources available.
  • PGDM syllabus changes every year.
  • MBA syllabus of University is rarely change and if changes after 5 to 6 years.
Others important issues between PGDM and MBA :
  • PGDM degree will be approved from the AICTE of India.
  • MBA degree will approved from the UGC.
Note :-
  1. MBA degree will be of 2 years.
  2. PGDM degree will be of 1 year and in some Institute it will be 2 years.
  3. If PGDM degree will be of 1 year then it will not equivalent to MBA and it will be of 2 years then it will be equivalent to MBA.
Others Basic Differences
  • Only Universities will be able to give MBA degree.
  • There will be difference in its syllabus.
  • PGDM course focus on Market change and Demand.
  • MBA degree will be more valuable as compared to PGDM degree.MBA degree will be equivalent to Post Graduation degree.
9th July 2013, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

sir can u tell me about pgdbm packages of india and which designation.
26th November 2013, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my B.COM ( honours ) in marketing and I am still confused that whether I should go for MBA in H.R. or PGDM in H.R? If any college which is under university but offers both MBA and PGDM, than which one should be opted which has much demand?
2nd July 2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum budget for a candidate to do the pgdm course of two year....
16th June 2015, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I have taken admission for pgdm from welingker,and I wants to do specialization in Hr ,so part time pgdm in hr has great value in market??I am confused for that is there any scope for part time hr
29th January 2016, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

I am b.com final year student and want to do mba or pgdm, i got 60 percentile in cmat which is suitable for me. Please help me out
5th May 2016, 06:15 PM
krutikasharma

Default What to do between MBA and PGDM? Which offers more scope and better job?

MBA is a masters degree in management and PGDM is a post graduate degree. Both play a role in the career growth if the right area of degree is chosen and when it is completed from a reputed institute approved by the AICTE. At ITM University, we offer both and you can check our official web site for the courses we offer.
4th July 2017, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am completed my graduation in 2014 . But my percentage are below 50, and I want to do MBA ,but institution are want 50% .
Please give me direction that which course I do.Immediately.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?