11th January 2014, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

What to do for civil services after 12th?

What to do for civil services after 12...Pelase tell me the details about it

12th January 2014, 08:23 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: What to do for civil services after 12th?

Civil Services are the top public services in India. The candidates who are having strong knowledge will only be absorbed into civil services.

So, if you really want to be placed in civil services, you should be an extra ordinary candidate in terms of subject knowledge and knowledge in multiple areas is mandatory.

It is the right time for you to start the proceedings towards preparation for civil services exam.

The selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream in order to be eligible to apply for CSAT Exam.

Age criteria will be as follows
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

So, I suggest you to opt for Graduation in the stream in which you are having more interest.

Before that go through the list of optional subjects and make sure that at least one of those optional subjects will be in your Graduation stream.

Try to start in a coaching institute as early as possible and have strong preparation by the time you complete your Graduation.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?